A look inside the Faema Mercurio - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bsikes

#21: Post by bsikes »

That is a beautiful machine! Wonder what a wooden tap handle would look like in place of the old broken one?

kitt (original poster)

#22: Post by kitt (original poster) »

Cheers, i might try shortening the broken handle as its only broken at one end and see what that looks like, if not i'll investigate possible alternatives.i thought of wood too as i have a wood lathe and make the odd wooden portafilter handle.Will keep an eye on it over the next few days to see what kind of heat it has to handle

kitt (original poster)

#23: Post by kitt (original poster) »

I thought i might add a few pictures of my latest project to show the difference between the Mercurio and the Marte. They are very similar machines from the same time period, but the Marte uses a slightly bigger horizontal boiler as opposed to the vertical boiler of the Mercurio.The valves and group are identical, although i found out today the sight glass is slightly shorter, so i couldn't use my spare Mercurio one :( Either way, its a custom made job

And a few shots so far, almost ready for testing tomorrow

arcus

#24: Post by arcus »

Geez...I love that one too! Both of them are super cool and you really do a great job bringing them back to life.

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#25: Post by FotonDrv »

Kitt:

Your work is top notch and your choice of machines is truly amazing.

I am bursting with Lever Envy!! :mrgreen:

Thanks for Posting the shots of the Faema.

Stephen
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

kitt (original poster)

#26: Post by kitt (original poster) »

Thanks Paul and Stephen, i was lucky enough to pick up both of these machines from a collector in the Netherlands, he already had one of each of these.I will probably be keeping the Mercurio and selling the Marte.Here's another pic with the outer case on

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by FotonDrv »

That is interesting how they suspended and supported the bodywork to achieve that curve. Gives me idea....
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train