The Londinium R24 - Page 42

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
samsonpvr

#411: Post by samsonpvr »

Excellent question! Yes, that's right. They act as if they knobs are just set in there. Pure play in every direction.

The Bone Ranger

#412: Post by The Bone Ranger »

Can someone explain to me how raising the pre-infusion pressure on an R24 also raises the water temperature?

I've read an awful lot about this machine, here and elsewhere, and even looked at schematics, but still can't quite wrap my head around this aspect. There is some suggestion that higher pre-infusion pressure brings the water into the group faster, giving it less time to cool on its journey, but does the rotary pump increase the flow rate when preinfusion is increased, or just the cutoff pressure for the pump?

(I hope that makes sense)

Newfie

#413: Post by Newfie »

Was saving for this machine as it ticks all my boxes but I seen they're increasing the price by 10% in May.

https://londiniumespresso.com/blog/news ... 1-may-2022

This was already something I was a bit hesitant pulling the trigger on but this increase is really making me reconsider. I haven't seen the increase posted here so I thought I'd give a heads up for anyone else looking into the machine. Buy it now if you can afford it!

DaveC

#414: Post by DaveC »

The Bone Ranger wrote:Can someone explain to me how raising the pre-infusion pressure on an R24 also raises the water temperature?

I've read an awful lot about this machine, here and elsewhere, and even looked at schematics, but still can't quite wrap my head around this aspect. There is some suggestion that higher pre-infusion pressure brings the water into the group faster, giving it less time to cool on its journey, but does the rotary pump increase the flow rate when preinfusion is increased, or just the cutoff pressure for the pump?

(I hope that makes sense)
Not in any scientific way that makes sense....

rapha

#415: Post by rapha »

Hi, I was wondering if those who have the last version of the R24 could help me identify something, when I start the machine, the "nipple" (for a lack of a better word) is steaming for 18 seconds, which seems quite a lot but I have no point of comparison, is it the same for you ?

The Bone Ranger

#416: Post by The Bone Ranger replying to rapha »

My nipple is just as steamy as your nipple

rapha

#417: Post by rapha »

Glad to hear it haha

Cuprajake

#418: Post by Cuprajake »

i hate that nipple,

when i got my lr24 it was the first time id seen it, it then preceded to use the drip tray as a ramp to spill lol

would be nice to relocate to the drip tray

poison

#419: Post by poison »

Questions, as a new Londinium owner:

1) If I'm using Crystal Geyser (Olanda), how often should I replace the BWT filter?

2) Is there a local US source for those filters?

3) My used machine came with the new seals, but....since it's only 3 months old, I figure I might as well rock the regular seals until I need to change them? Or should I just sack up and do it?

Mad Scientist

#420: Post by Mad Scientist replying to poison »

3 months on the filter.

New seals, as in the Londinium greaseless piston seals?

https://wholelattelove.ca/products/bwt- ... -cartridge
“You haven't lived until you've lived with a cat.” Doris Day
Londinium 1 (2014)