The Londinium R24 - Page 39

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
eltakeiteasy

#381: Post by eltakeiteasy »

LMWDP #672.

samsonpvr

#382: Post by samsonpvr »

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a new R24. Has anyone taken a new shipment lately? Are they currently shipping with or without the small nipple on the front that drips onto the top of the drip tray?

retireddude

#383: Post by retireddude » replying to samsonpvr »

I wondered the same thing. I just ordered a Compressa last week, it hasn't shipped yet.

CoffeeMac

#384: Post by CoffeeMac »

I got my Compressa in July; it had the short nipple. Reiss offered to send me the longer one, but I declined. I think I'll wait and see how the new tray insert with the hole punched in it looks/works.

I suggest just asking Reiss when you place your order; he seems pretty flexible with things like this. For example, I got the non-plumbed LR24 drip tray with my Compressa.
Eventually you will end up with a lever.

LMWDP #706

CoffeeMac

#385: Post by CoffeeMac »

thedudeabides_1 wrote:I wondered the same thing. I just ordered a Compressa last week, it hasn't shipped yet.
Welcome to the club! :D

LMWDP #706

retireddude

#386: Post by retireddude » replying to CoffeeMac »

Thanks! I'm excited to get started.

richkev

#387: Post by richkev »

I just received my R24 at the end of December. It does have the small nipple on the front. I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I love it. I'm still learning how to use the app to set the bar pressure in addition to grind size to dial in. I have a kafatek mc3 (conical), but I mostly drink medium roasts.

samsonpvr

#388: Post by samsonpvr »

Spoke with Reiss and he said there is a new anti vacuum valve (or something along that line) making the nipple drip a non issue.

Are there any must have accessories for the R24?

CoffeeMac

#389: Post by CoffeeMac »

There is a new anti-vac valve, which doesn't require plumbing to the drip tray. I got it from Reiss and installed it shortly after receiving my Compressa. It didn't help.

The drips are primarily coming from the OPV on top of the inlet manifold.

OPV valve now routed directly to drain:

New anti-vac valve not connected to drain:

Old anti-vac valve connected to "T" with OPV valve and then to drai :

LMWDP #706

harris
Supporter ❤

#390: Post by harris »

I'm not sure how to solve the problem except to punch a hole so I drilled a 1/4" hole in the grate, problem solved.