The Londinium R24 - Page 28

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Abecker

#271: Post by Abecker »

Goldscalpel wrote:I hope you get the valve issue squared away.

The levers have really made me consistent across the various coffee roast levels.
I'm sure it will be. Reiss has been great with support. The good news is it doesn't affect me being able to use it so I'm still getting great espressos.

jgood

#272: Post by jgood »

mathof wrote:I value the contributions of everyone who has appeared on this thread, including Coffeechap and Paul Pratt. I would be sorry if any of them felt that they should not contribute to the forum or even contribute less.
Well said!

Goldscalpel

#273: Post by Goldscalpel »

I hope you have solved your valve issues.
I can not tell you how impressed I am with my LR24. Just received Red Bird Espresso with roast date 8/6 and the LR pulls beautiful shots:

The taste nailed the description.

Hughie

#274: Post by Hughie »

Abecker wrote:For anyone who got the R24, did you have any issue with the anti vac valve leaking? They have sent 2-3 out in addition to the one that came on the machine and all have leaked. Now they are sending 3 more hoping that one in the batch doesn't leak. If I press down on it to release steam it will stop leaking for about 10-15 minutes and then start again.
Yeah mine was stuffed too but luckily I had new all stainless one in my parts so it's not a big deal.

Couple of teething problems aside, I love this machine.

My pro 800 was good but this is... great
LMWDP #659
Londinium R24 & Kafatek Mc3

drH (original poster)

#275: Post by drH (original poster) replying to Hughie »

Nice to hear this. Aside from preinfusion pressure adjustment, what makes the Londinium so much better?

Essewissa

#276: Post by Essewissa »

Hughie wrote:Yeah mine was stuffed too but luckily I had new all stainless one in my parts so it's not a big deal.

Couple of teething problems aside, I love this machine.

My pro 800 was good but this is... great
Why r24 is better than Profitec pro 800?

Hughie

#277: Post by Hughie »

Essewissa wrote:Why r24 is better than Profitec pro 800?
drH wrote:Nice to hear this. Aside from preinfusion pressure adjustment, what makes the Londinium so much better?
The vibration pump was driving me mad. Everyone knows when it turns on in the morning. It was the primary reason for me switching. I know it's a non issue if you plumb in but it wasn't practical for me.

I think I prefer the ease of use having a single spring.

It produces better micro foam and doesn't have a learning curve to get a nice roll going like my 800 did. I wish the steam arm on the bottom end was longer though.
LMWDP #659

drH (original poster)

#278: Post by drH (original poster) replying to Hughie »

So it was mostly aesthetic and ergonomic. Do you notice any difference in the cup or in ease of dialing in?

Hughie

#279: Post by Hughie »

drH wrote: So it was mostly aesthetic and ergonomic. Do you notice any difference in the cup or in ease of dialing in?
Neither are hard to dial in and both produce "god shots"
LMWDP #659

eltakeiteasy

#280: Post by eltakeiteasy »

If anyone has a Londinium R/24 in the San Diego, CA area I would love to try a few shots on it. I am debating buying the R24 and would love to get a feel for the machine as I have never used a lever before. I will bring the beans :)
LMWDP #672.