Londinium R - my ownership thread - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Bmccall
Supporter ♡

#31: Post by Bmccall »

wachuko wrote: To this (but with stock GS/3 tip and rubber sleeve)

I had to do a double take. I was like, hey that machine looks like mine, oh wait, it is, haha. It looks a little different these days. The wand gets a little hot since I am using the old single wall version, so I bought the plastic "anti scorch clip" to hang on to while cleaning the milk residue off of it. The part number from espresso parts is W15295.

wachuko (original poster)

#32: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

It is yours! Thank you for the idea. I saw your post at the Londinium forum and found it to be a brilliant modification. Let me drop a note to the folks at Espresso Parts and see if they can add that.

Thanks again
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Idfixe

#33: Post by Idfixe »

wachuko wrote: GS/3 Steam Wand
GS/3 Steam Wand Tip
GS/3 Steam Want Protection

And nothing wrong with stock setup... I just think this setup looks cool... I might not do the swap for now... but wanted to have the parts here...

This is a GS3 steam tip? Looks like Lynn weber...

#34: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

Idfixe wrote: This is a GS3 steam tip? Looks like Lynn weber...
The one Brandon has is the Lynn Weber... I went with the stock La Marzocco tip...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

Abecker

#35: Post by Abecker »

Bmccall wrote:I had to do a double take. I was like, hey that machine looks like mine, oh wait, it is, haha. It looks a little different these days. The wand gets a little hot since I am using the old single wall version, so I bought the plastic "anti scorch clip" to hang on to while cleaning the milk residue off of it. The part number from espresso parts is W15295.

What drip tray is that?

Atbat82

#36: Post by Atbat82 »

I noticed the cups on top. Do they warm ok? I've gotten used to the cup warmer on my current machine and didn't even think about it when I placed my order for an LR.
LMWDP #655

#37: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

Abecker wrote:What drip tray is that?
Hahahahaah... I had the same question so instead of asking I started to search, lol... he modified his tray with this insert:

https://www.pantechnicondesign.com/prod ... unar-scale

The real question is, what did he used to cut the tray??? That sucker is stainless steel and will eat bits like there is no tomorrow :shock:

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

#38: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

Atbat82 wrote:I noticed the cups on top. Do they warm ok? I've gotten used to the cup warmer on my current machine and didn't even think about it when I placed my order for an LR.
It is not advertised as having a cup warmer... so I am guessing those are just there for ease of access to them... I keep mine elsewhere...

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

#39: Post by wachuko (original poster) »

Tom,

Did you get yours??

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

davidhunternyc

#40: Post by davidhunternyc »

Wachuco! David from the Kafatek forums here. Of course, because of you, I am researching the Londinium R. I came here because I want to know what people who have the LR "don't" like about them? There has to be something? The warm up time? The noise? I don't know. I am fishing here.