Londinium LR 24 a disappointing journey

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
youssef1988

#1: Post by youssef1988 »

Having a Londinium LR 24 for about 1,5 years now, since the beginning it had a lot problems. Right after receiving it, it had the wrong motherboard in it ... shortly after I got a new motherboard shipped which i had to install. Thereafter another part caused issues which had to be replaced. Now for like 5/6 months trying the no grease seals, after cleaning on different methods still hiccups .. or noises from the group. Really feels like a big disappointment :(

Not getting any solution or replies from reiss. Anyone else has experience with this? Could it be a fault in the group?

Primacog

#2: Post by Primacog »

"Hiccups or noises from the group" seem to be your only complaint for the last 5 to 6 months? What do you mean by that?
LMWDP #729

lagoon

#3: Post by lagoon »

Primacog wrote:"Hiccups or noises from the group" ?
Aren't burps and sneezes from the group just a normal part of the lever experience?

Primacog

#4: Post by Primacog replying to lagoon »

I was unsure of what he was referring to as his description is lacking in particulars, hence my query. Burps now and then caused by air being pushed out by the piston etc are absolutely part of every lever experience and I don't consider that a demerit at all.
LMWDP #729

The Bone Ranger

#5: Post by The Bone Ranger »

I didn't have a great time with the no grease seals, either. Maybe I didn't use strong enough cleaning stuff on installation to remove all the lube etc. Persisted for 6 months, cleaning regularly, and recently went back to a lubed seal. No regrets.

wai2cool4u

#6: Post by wai2cool4u »

Your description is sort of vague but if your issues have to do with the pump pulsing randomly, you may want to replace the "Non return valve assembly". There are a couple posts on the Londinium forum about this part if you need more info. I believe it was updated earlier this year.

It's not hard to replace, but the part cost me 60+ shipped to USA.

espressotime

#7: Post by espressotime »

lagoon wrote:Aren't burps and sneezes from the group just a normal part of the lever experience?
Nope.Never had any with any of my many levers in 25 years.

espressotime

#8: Post by espressotime »

Primacog wrote:I was unsure of what he was referring to as his description is lacking in particulars, hence my query. Burps now and then caused by air being pushed out by the piston etc are absolutely part of every lever experience and I don't consider that a demerit at all.
No.I never had any of those.Had 11 levers in those years.

youssef1988 (original poster)

#9: Post by youssef1988 (original poster) »

When I bought the machine the group made a lot noise, in 2 years not even a full month without trouble

And that part already replaced, first issue motherboard
Second that valve

And all time a crying / singing group when pulling espresso

Primacog

#10: Post by Primacog »

youssef1988 wrote:And all time a crying / singing group when pulling espresso
Do u mean your group is making a high pitched hissing sound when the extraction has started? I have never heard of such a thing in any lever.
LMWDP #729