Announced: Londinium Compact.

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
3cordcreations

#1: Post by 3cordcreations »

Hello lever fans.
Has anyone followed the Londinium forum and saw that Reiss is developing a new compact spring lever model? He won't offer many details but I think it's going to be around the size of a Cremina with a bit larger boiler and a 58mm spring lever group. It will be a dipper with no pump, reservoir, or hot water wand, just a steam wand.
This may be the perfect type of machine for me. If the quality is great and the look is the same as the others, toggle knob and wenge wood handles, this sounds promising. The price is suppose to be around $1,300 USD which also seems fair.
Any thoughts?
RB

Mod note: Title changed to reflect that this is the pre-delivery thread

truemagellen

#2: Post by truemagellen »

Thank you for posting this. Perhaps hints can be seen through francino social media since they are the manufacturer but I doubt it.

Sounds like a great machine.

3cordcreations (original poster)

#3: Post by 3cordcreations (original poster) »

truemagellen wrote:Thank you for posting this. Perhaps hints can be seen through francino social media since they are the manufacturer but I doubt it.

Sounds like a great machine.
Right, I know Fracino makes the machines for Londinium. They may keep it under wraps as well. Reiss said they are behind on the compact because they are working on larger accounts. It was suppose to be out already and now looking at the end of this year.
A three cord strand is not easily broken...

devlin2427

#4: Post by devlin2427 »

By all accounts, it's going to be a mini Profitec Pro 800. If they can stay around the 1000 price point, it's going to be a very popular machine.

Denis

#5: Post by Denis »

With only boiler pressure preinfusion (0.7-1.1 bar) you wont do many things, this limits your variables. Its not bad, its not ideal.\

Sure it's a step up from a La Pavoni, but again, limited. You can always fake a preinfusion at 3-4 bar, by filling the chamber and pressing the lever.

Madman13

#6: Post by Madman13 »

Denis wrote: You can always fake a preinfusion at 3-4 bar, by filling the chamber and pressing the lever.
Why would that be "fake" preinfusion?

Paul_Pratt

#7: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Denis wrote:With only boiler pressure preinfusion (0.7-1.1 bar) you wont do many things, this limits your variables. Its not bad, its not ideal.\

Sure it's a step up from a La Pavoni, but again, limited. You can always fake a preinfusion at 3-4 bar, by filling the chamber and pressing the lever.
Are you being serious or just having fun? It's a genuine question.

3cordcreations (original poster)

#8: Post by 3cordcreations (original poster) »

devlin2427 wrote:By all accounts, it's going to be a mini Profitec Pro 800. If they can stay around the 1000 price point, it's going to be a very popular machine.
Again, without a water tank, pump, or hot water tap. It's more like a modern spring group Olympia Club.
A three cord strand is not easily broken...

Denis

#9: Post by Denis »

Why would that be "fake" preinfusion?

Because you cannot jump directly into 3.5 bar like a line pressure lever.

Are you being serious or just having fun? It's a genuine question.

I am really serious, there is a difference between 1 bar preinfusion and 3.5 bar preinfusion, from the first sec of preinfusion. Try it.

We all know what happens with the puck when you raise the level of Pavoni in under 1 sec full.

espressotime

#10: Post by espressotime replying to Denis »

A line lever isn't what I would call a classic lever machine.
A true lever has boiler pressured pre infusion.3-4 bar is more like real infusion than pre infusion.You can make a pretty good tasting shot at 4 bar.