Announced: Londinium Compact. - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mathof

#41: Post by mathof »

Reiss has said on his blog that there have been hold ups do to his manufacturers having to complete a very large order for a big chain of sandwich shops. This has used up all their spare capacity.

davidhunternyc

#42: Post by davidhunternyc »

Maybe this has been asked already, but are there any photos yet of the Londinium C? Even pre-production photos would be great to see.

3cordcreations (original poster)

#43: Post by 3cordcreations (original poster) replying to davidhunternyc »

No,
I have asked Reiss if he would release anything, progress, pictures, but he said no. He doesn't operate his business like that. He said once it's ready it will be listed for sale...
A three cord strand is not easily broken...

silkypull

#44: Post by silkypull »

Here's Reiss's reply to my question on the LC:

Sun, May 31, 5:20 PM (2 days ago)
Hello
Good question! We need to get out of lockdown first as we aren't allowed and R&D people on site
Kind Regards
Reiss
LMWDP #663

davidhunternyc

#45: Post by davidhunternyc »

Well, obviously safety is first. It's not fair to put our healthcare workers under undo stress. Still the waiting for a Londinium C announcement is killing me. Please, Reiss, give us something? Anything? :D

thoang77

#46: Post by thoang77 »

There it is. Pretty underwhelmed that it's the same size as the R but just missing a bunch of internal parts.

Edit: scratch that, this is not the LC.

michael_pl

#47: Post by michael_pl »

Edited now that I'm awake - This seems to not be the C, but another project he was working on. Nothing wrong with a cheaper / simpler plumb in machine. Could fill a nice niche. Those that want a silent plumb in machine with nothing but a boiler and basically only a lever that moves.

shotwell

#48: Post by shotwell »

The comment from Londinium below that post indicates that this isn't the LC.

thoang77

#49: Post by thoang77 replying to shotwell »

Guess I was too quick on that. A bit confusing given its C name.

wachuko

#50: Post by wachuko »

Correct... the new machine is an LR without the variable pre-infusion, tank, etc. It is a plumbed only machine... so you use water line pressure for pre-infusion (so good to have a pressure gauge with a valve in the water line to set that).

From the post in Instagram:
It will have the same external appearance and dimensions as the LR

It will not have a pump, water tank, aperture for the tank lid in the top panel, pressure transducer (no digital pre-infusion), or wireless control

It will be supplied with a shallow drip tray for plumbing out, and a drain kit...

...this is not the LC
I thought that I wanted the LC for my second home... nope... this is exactly what I was looking for... Will look into getting one next year...
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654