Announced: Londinium Compact. - Page 34

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
retireddude

#331: Post by retireddude »

Reiss has commented on a similar question about temp stability, he wrote, "the group returns to its equilibrium temperature quickly [because] ... the group is large the trade off is that it takes longer to heat up, as long as 25 minutes if you fill the boiler to the top and walk off ... if you are using a single dose grinder and fluffing around with puck prep I am confident that the boiler will run out of water before you over heat the group with consecutive shots, if you had multiple portafilters all pre-dosed with coffee and ready to load then you could probably over heat the group."

baldheadracing
Team HB

#332: Post by baldheadracing »

So it sounds more similar to the Elektra Micro Casa a Leva / Cremina SL with their heavier groups than a Cremina or Pavoni.

Regardless, I don't think that it is a machine that you would leave on all day (unless modified with an appropriate heat break between the group and the boiler).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#333: Post by FotonDrv »

spressomon wrote:Looks like a 'solution in search of a problem' (the lid dealio).
Simplicity is always the answer and when you try to protect people from themselves that entire concept is flawed.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

caldwa

#334: Post by caldwa »

pizzaman383 wrote:It is likely to behave similarly to the cremina spring lever.
Reiss indicated that they are targeting 8.5bar for the Vectis spring, so a good 2.5-3bar more than the Cremina SL with a standard 58mm portafilter.

CASmessage

#335: Post by CASmessage »

So......when the heck is this getting released?

espressotime

#336: Post by espressotime replying to CASmessage »

Same time as GTA VI. :mrgreen:

Trouton

#337: Post by Trouton »

It's exciting that in theory it'll be available soon. But with demand I wonder how many of us will actually be able to get a Vectis.

caldwa

#338: Post by caldwa »

CASmessage wrote:So......when the heck is this getting released?
Current timing is the first run will be available the end of May, and the second larger run will go into production in June.

godwinv
Supporter ♡

#339: Post by godwinv »

I emailed recently, and I think they pushed their timeline back a few weeks. First or Second week of June is what they told me.

davidhunternyc

#340: Post by davidhunternyc »

Ugh... it's June 13th. Still no Vectis.