Announced: Londinium Compact. - Page 29

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Systemic Kid

#281: Post by Systemic Kid »

jmc999 wrote:Post was saying that the grind was unadjusted from what he used for the R24, and it wasn't pre-infusing at boiler pressure.
Why upload a video saying the grind wasn't adjusted for the machine? Surely the first thing we all do is dial in the grind for the bean we are using?

palica

#282: Post by palica replying to Systemic Kid »

Absolutely, and if it is not the case and you make a mistake, you do not publish the video... :?

baldheadracing
Team HB

#283: Post by baldheadracing »

... and here I thought that it was great that he demonstrated one of the practical differences between the two machines.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#284: Post by FotonDrv »

daveyb wrote:First sighting in the wild for the Vectis. Looks like it needs a little work, including a new chassis according to comments.
The flexing and wiggling of the chassis would make me think everything else is not solid.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

FotonDrv
Supporter ♡

#285: Post by FotonDrv »

pcdawson wrote:Interesting - what's with the three lever pulls though......
Looks like he could not get enough water into the group for a decent preinfusion.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

titan

#286: Post by titan »

The new video is better and it shows a pull and steam at the same time.

Cuprajake

#287: Post by Cuprajake »

yeah once its doing its thing lever wise you can steam as it has no effect on the brew

be nice to find out what power spring is in it, the first vid made the spring look quite hard to pull, wether thats the lever length, spring rate or the mk1 chassis who know,

for me personally it could do with a bit more room between the drip tray and cup, big bugbear with alot of machines, once scales, cup and esp spouted filters are usd there little space, named not so much

pcdawson

#288: Post by pcdawson »

I've never understood why steaming and pulling a shot on a lever would be desirable or even practical. I always remove my cup from the espresso stream long before the flow stops and the lever has returned to "home position". For me it takes two hands to steam milk - and I think I'd need the co-ordination and flexibility of a cirque de sole acrobat to remove my cup at the right time without sending it flying across the room. But that's just me - never been much in the coordination department.

iyayy

#289: Post by iyayy »

its a feature that even if you dont use it, it means you dont have to wait for steam to be ready whan you want it.
that imo matters. a lot.

i also do pulls and eyeball my shot. then steam later, with 2 hands.
i didnt think i'd really appreciate the always ready steam from a dual boiler until i actually live with it. small convenience with big appreciation.

even better is not having to wait to go back to brewing.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#290: Post by baldheadracing »

pcdawson wrote:I've never understood why steaming and pulling a shot on a lever would be desirable or even practical. I always remove my cup from the espresso stream long before the flow stops and the lever has returned to "home position". For me it takes two hands to steam milk - and I think I'd need the co-ordination and flexibility of a cirque de sole acrobat to remove my cup at the right time without sending it flying across the room. But that's just me - never been much in the coordination department.
If one is making more than four cappuccinos to simultaneously serve, then one might want to channel one's inner Dritan Alsela and perhaps ghost-ride the steam wand.

But yeah, for one drink or a split pull for two drinks, there's no need. I'll still do it to keep in practice, though, as I'm not quite there on the Europiccola.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada