Announced: Londinium Compact. - Page 21

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
PhilthyCoffee

#201: Post by PhilthyCoffee »

mathof wrote:It will have pre-infusion at boiler pressure, as does the original L1.
Yes that's correct, I should have said it doesn't have "fancy" preinfusion" due to the lack of digital preinfusion of the L24 or line pressure preinfusion of the compressa.

Cuprajake

#202: Post by Cuprajake »

its a tricky machine to place,

it can be made to be as good as a lr24 or you wouldn't spend the extra £3k

be interesting to see how it stacks up next to its rivals

Advertisement
Coffeechap

#203: Post by Coffeechap »

PhilthyCoffee wrote: I'm aware of the Fracino relationship, but not to great extent and I don't know anything about them apart from them being mentioned on the Londinium Vectis thread. Can you elaborate a little on the known issues with this arrangement/Londinium in general?
There aren't any relationship issues, the poster disliked the londiniums so much he had 4 of them! And in terms of reiss doing nothing in terms of the development, that is another fairy tale. Reiss is directly involved in the build process and it's his specifications that fracino build the machines to. And as a supposed box shifter! You really find a better level of customer service from any other "box shifter" or retailer.
levers levers levers, is there any other way?

Cuprajake

#204: Post by Cuprajake »

^^^
or we can ignore that,

and talk about the positives that its almost here and working.

Coffeechap

#205: Post by Coffeechap replying to Cuprajake »

Completely agree, I hope it lives up to expectation
levers levers levers, is there any other way?

palica

#206: Post by palica »

Can't wait to see a side by side comparison with the Argos Odyssey. Both machines should be available approximately in the same time.

HB
Admin

#207: Post by HB »

I've removed the last few posts that contravene the site's Guidelines for productive online discussion.
Dan Kehn
★ Helpful

Advertisement
knumph

#208: Post by knumph »

It's real

Antonee

#209: Post by Antonee »

Latest pics posted today for those that don't have Instagram.

In the comments of one post, Reiss stated that the "a more rigid chassis is on the way".

TigerStripes

#210: Post by TigerStripes »

PhilthyCoffee wrote:Yes that's correct, I should have said it doesn't have "fancy" preinfusion" due to the lack of digital preinfusion of the L24 or line pressure preinfusion of the compressa.
It will have the same preinfusion style as many other dipper machines such as la pavoni, la cremina, and profitect 800, to name a few.

If you prefer 3 bar preinfusion, instead of 1 bar preinfuse, you can release the lever slowly so that the piston doesn't immediately go up to the full pressure of the spring. It may be tough to gauge that pressure without a display gauge, but it can be done by feel and seeing what is happening at the basket with a naked portafilter.

I don't really see less complex preinfusion pressure as a downside. It's simply a different approach. I used la pavoni's for a while and found the boiler pressure preinfusion to work quite well.

If this machine really is under $1500 usd, I will be very excited to own one! :)
LMWDP #715