Announced: Londinium Compact. - Page 14

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mathof

#131: Post by mathof »

Diogenes wrote:Not sure if any other machine does this but PID temp control is to the group taking into account the thermal mass of the group... Brilliant.
The group of the new ACS Vesuvius Leva is said to heated by two PID-controlled elements.

CoffeeMac

#132: Post by CoffeeMac »

another_jim wrote: IIRC, a commercial lever group is good for about a shot every one and half to two minutes. Gwylim Davies's YouTube videos are a good source for actual info on using levers commercially.
I'll have to check out Gwylim's videos.

My go-to reference on lever efficiency is il barista Dritan Alsela, at 10 cups in 6.5 minutes on a 4-group machine, with beautiful latte art. A lot of this time is dealing with milk, would likely be much higher output with just espresso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rExr7R8TT_o
Eventually you will end up with a lever.

LMWDP #706

Jonk

#133: Post by Jonk »

Diogenes wrote:Not sure if any other machine does this but PID temp control is to the group taking into account the thermal mass of the group...
Lelit MaraX Review perhaps not exactly the same, but similar.

DaveC

#134: Post by DaveC »

mathof wrote:The group of the new ACS Vesuvius Leva is said to heated by two PID-controlled elements.
It definitely is, about 220W of heating capability...there is no thermosyphon, or dipper. The brew boiler is connected to the group by a single pipe. Depending on how you set it up, the group is at the brew temp you want (there are other options) and maintained by a PID reading an internal sensor in the group.

The brew boiler is controlled by another PID

espressotime

#135: Post by espressotime »

yoshi005 wrote:Reiss states that the Vectis (which will be the name for the compact Londinium) will be more thermally stable than a cremina.
That statement has to be proven when the protoype exists.
He also once stated that the Strega is " a pumpmachine with a lever attached for festive decoration ". :mrgreen:
Next thing he made a lever with a pump for ( pre)infusion.
So maybe now it' kinda like a Cremina with a Bosco group.
★ Helpful

msimanyi

#136: Post by msimanyi »

Well, I have to say based on personal experience that the LR pump is most definitely *not* mere decoration. I continue to enjoy and appreciate my LR every day.

YeetSkeeterson

#137: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

it's quiet.... tooooo quiet...

Antonee

#138: Post by Antonee »

I am waiting on the edge of my seat to replace my pre-mil Pavoni Pro. I've had several vintage levers in the past but I'm done with having to constantly fiddle around with old things :)

Amberale

#139: Post by Amberale replying to Antonee »

That's what I told my wife.
I am now living out of a hatchback, drinking coffee from petrol stations.
I should have settled for a La Pavoni.
:twisted:

Antonee

#140: Post by Antonee replying to Amberale »

:mrgreen: :wink: