Londinium C - Who's planning on buying one?

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jmarcus

#1: Post by jmarcus »

Hi,
I am planning on buying a Londinium C, what about you?

cccpu

#2: Post by cccpu »

Ummm... now that you just mentioned it... and its the first time I'm seeing it...
Nice.
LMWDP #583

Advertisement
acg
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by acg »

jmarcus wrote:Hi,
I am planning on buying a Londinium C, what about you?
I don't see it on Londinium site. The last post on its forum was a year ago. Any news on LC?

drH

#4: Post by drH »

I'm excited to see it and I'd love more info.

wachuko

#5: Post by wachuko »

Londinium Compact.

And on the Londinium forum, Reiss mentioned that with the Covid situation it has given him more time to progress the LC development...

And as to the scope of the machine. A quote from Reiss:
...think of the little la pavoni, olympia cremina, ponte vecchio or the elektra mica casa e leva

that is the class of machine the LC will be in, a world away from the LR
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

jmarcus (original poster)

#6: Post by jmarcus (original poster) »

@acg Its not ready yet, but lots of us are dying for it.

HoldTheOnions

#7: Post by HoldTheOnions »

A few threads on this, been coming for several years. My recollection is it was suppose to be a step up, but if it's the same class as "la pavoni, olympia cremina, ponte vecchio or the elektra mica casa e leva", then I would prolly just get one of those now.

Advertisement
pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#8: Post by pizzaman383 »

I think cost and the impact that has on the specific features/capabilities of the Londinium Compact will be interesting to see. For new levers, the Pavoni, Cremina, and Strietman all balance that differently. Reiss is innovative so I look forward to seeing how he chooses the trade offs.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

wachuko

#9: Post by wachuko »

HoldTheOnions wrote:A few threads on this, been coming for several years. My recollection is it was suppose to be a step up, but if it's the same class as "la pavoni, olympia cremina, ponte vecchio or the elektra mica casa e leva", then I would prolly just get one of those now.
I believe the difference is in the group head... the Londinium C will have a 58mm setup. From that thread linked
around the size of a Cremina with a bit larger boiler and a 58mm spring lever group
I think that combination will make for an interesting machine...

But if you are looking to buy now, yes, the ones available are those listed already...
Searching for that perfect espresso!

Wachuko - LMWDP #654

runningonespresso47

#10: Post by runningonespresso47 »

The last time I spoke to Reiss (sometime back in November probably), he mentioned some time around the end of the Q2 for release. Of course, a lot has changed since then :shock: