Londinium C - Who's planning on buying one? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
espressotime

#11: Post by espressotime »

Buy a Pavoni or Export and start pulling great espresso shots.

HBfencing

#12: Post by HBfencing »

Londinium R looks nice

Has anyone seen a prototype photo? I haven't searched the Londinium forums. I remember a thread a year ago.

I like my Salvatore Compact Lever- (not so compact) - but am looking to replace it with a smaller spring lever and this could be a fit.

acg
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by acg replying to HBfencing »

I don't think the LC is a spring lever.

runningonespresso47

#14: Post by runningonespresso47 replying to acg »

It is. 58mm dipper spring lever with PID. No water reservoir. No pump. Steam wand but no hot water.

And to the point about prototype, there is no images of it yet. I believe Reiss said one day it is just going to show up on the website. We just have basic details. I imagine the aesthetics will be similar to the LR though.

acg
Supporter ♡

#15: Post by acg replying to runningonespresso47 »

Thanks for the info. I think I would be interested in getting one of the price is right. (Heard it was about 1000GBP. ) I currently have a DE1Pro and thinking about getting a lever to play with.

Tado

#16: Post by Tado replying to acg »

Yes, price will be 1000 £ delivered (or less). Unfortunately Covid19 delayed the whole project...

elbertfunkleberg

#17: Post by elbertfunkleberg »

runningonespresso47 wrote:It is. 58mm dipper spring lever with PID. No water reservoir. No pump. Steam wand but no hot water.
That doesn't even makes sense. How many oxymorons can you have in one sentence?
runningonespresso47 wrote:I imagine the aesthetics will be similar to the LR though.
You mean, a shiny metal box with a lever out front? Is that what they call "aesthetics" nowadays?
Tado wrote:Yes, price will be 1000 £ delivered (or less). Unfortunately Covid19 delayed the whole project...
We can blame just about anything on Covid but not this. The delay was well under way long before Covid was out of diapers.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#18: Post by baldheadracing »

runningonespresso47 wrote:It is. 58mm dipper spring lever with PID. No water reservoir. No pump. Steam wand but no hot water.
elbertfunkleberg wrote:That doesn't even makes sense. How many oxymorons can you have in one sentence?
I don't know anything about the upcoming Londinium and no longer have any interest in purchasing one, but the above is possible using a line-fed (PID'd) thermoblock, possibly assisted with (PID'd) electrical heating of the group. A few of us have such projects going (or not going, in my case :oops: ). Check out Andre's machine in the first post at: Open Source Lever Project
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#19: Post by pizzaman383 »

Retail price of a boiler, modern commercial group head, and some miscellaneous parts come near 1000.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

runningonespresso47

#20: Post by runningonespresso47 »

elbertfunkleberg wrote:That doesn't even makes sense. How many oxymorons can you have in one sentence?

You mean, a shiny metal box with a lever out front? Is that what they call "aesthetics" nowadays?

We can blame just about anything on Covid but not this. The delay was well under way long before Covid was out of diapers.
Can I ask what doesn't make sense? The Cremina and MCAL have similar setups to this. I'm simply repeating things mentioned on the Londinium forums from Reiss..

As for aesthetics, I simply meant the wood handling and what not.

I understand the project has dragged on for awhile, but I'm hoping the end product ends up being worth it.