LMWDP Rollcall - Page 232

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
cccpu

#2311: Post by cccpu »

R24+LCU SSP HU's, MC4 due August delivery- let's see what happens!
LMWDP #583

C6H8O3

#2312: Post by C6H8O3 »

Hi Everyone,
I've been a cappuccino enthusiast for quite a while and I purchased an E61 machine about 8 years ago, paired with a Mazzer Mini, to celebrate finishing my doctorate. My wife and I have enjoyed those machines a lot over the years.

I have to tell you though, all that time I've had my eye on lever machines and in particular the Cremina. I have been altogether intimidated and fascinated by levers, but I've decided I want to take the plunge. I also want to start enjoying espresso as well. A trip to Rome and breakfast at a cafe got me interested in the possibilities.

So I did it. I ordered a Cremina in white and hopefully it will be delivered sometime in early July. I also bought a Ceado e37j to go with it, also in white. The grinder is all set up in my office and waiting for its companion to arrive. Pictures to follow when it all arrives.

Time to join the LMWDP!

John
LMWDP 702

hege

#2313: Post by hege »

Thanks to a helpful fellow HB member, I now get to enjoy a Monolith Flat with my 2 year old Londinium R. The HG-1 was great, but the Flat produces much cleaner tasting shots, and unlocked another level of exploration. We just went through an order from The Barn (Berlin, Germany) and it was all heavenly! I'm shocked how balanced and sweet the shots were.

LMWDP #631

Amberale

#2314: Post by Amberale »

Hi folks.
I have a Bianca but I identify as "Lever-curious" :lol: and have been lurking here for quite a while.
I bought this pretty little thing a few month ago but haven't tried to join up as I haven't been able to pull a shot.
The original piston seal was missing and I just couldn't get the replacement from Fransesco to work.
It seemed like the porta-filter had bulged.
Anyhoo, I was looking at it this morning and decided to try fitting the seal the other way up("U" profile instead of "n") and Lo and Behold, it worked!
I still need to dial in dose, grind and workflow but I've got a classic manual lever.

Jake_G
Team HB

#2315: Post by Jake_G »

Well, hey there leverheads!

Started with a Mr. Coffee, then after a few plasticky pump machines came predecessor to the Starbucks Barista, a little thing called the Saeco Estro Vapore, then a few Starbucks Barista machines, then an Estro Profi with the built in grinder, then a Francis Francis! X5 for quite a while. Then came my first machine with a 3 way valve, the venerable 2 group Rancilio S20 Midi CD. That served me well till I found a Euro 2000 E61 HX box that wet my whistle to the wiles of preinfusion. There was a baby Gaggia or two in there along with Silvia, if ever so briefly before I found my GS/3.

Well, GS/3 has a playmate.

Behold my relatively clean 1990 Cremina '67. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs!

Cheers!

- Jake
LMWDP #704

LObin

#2316: Post by LObin replying to Jake_G »

Welcome to the lever game Jake!
LMWDP #592

drgary
Team HB

#2317: Post by drgary »

Jake, I knew it was only a matter of time. :lol:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Jake_G
Team HB

#2318: Post by Jake_G »

Indeed!

Thanks Jonathan, and Gary, to this day the only shot I've ever pulled on a lever was on your Prestina! :shock:

That should change by this weekend when I pull down, and dress up the Cremina with some fresh seals.

I might need to turn myself a funnel, as well. I think I have some brass stock of roughly the right size. :twisted:
LMWDP #704

LObin

#2319: Post by LObin »

49mm baskets and funnels go together like flip-flops and a pair of white socks (when you're 16 years old that is).

Not sure why I chose that analogy but yeah, you'll definitely want a funnel!

A deeper basket than the stock double is also a great addition to the Cremina group. Oh and a puck screen...

Alright alright. I'm done!

Cheers!
LMWDP #592

YeetSkeeterson

#2320: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

I really can't imagine using anything but levers having started with the Flair which I sold, then Robot, tried out the Flair PRO 2 and sold it also...

I'm looking for a new toy to add so the Robot has a companion. I can't afford any of those crazy $3,000 grinders to go with my new toy, I'll be sticking with my Kinu 47 for the ultimate manual experience.

Any recommendations for a new lever machine? I also get option paralysis when I start to research. I'm about to try my first lower pressure, shorter time shot on my Robot after watching Hoffman's video.