LMWDP Rollcall - Page 220

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
tonejac

#2191: Post by tonejac »

eltakeiteasy wrote:Hey all, I am finally able to join the lever family. Here is a quick video on my new LR24:

video

So far I am really loving it and I am so excited to learn more about how to really use this machine. I love the mouthfeel I am getting from these shots I have never tasted anything like them. So great! Any recommendations or tips are always appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ryan
Damn!
Nice test tube set up! I'm assuming you've got all your pre-weighed portions ready to go in those?

Also, really liking your portafilter funnel. Matches the Niche Zero base perfectly. You're prep is amazingly clean too! Nice execution there.
High hopes and low expectations.

pcrussell50

#2192: Post by pcrussell50 »

Spitz.me wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to join after selling a Cremina?

"Thou shalt never sell a Cremina unless it's not your only Cremina." This is one of the commandments of this exclusive group, right? :D

I'm kind of annoyed that I saw #666 go by and didn't realize I never registered over a year ago when I got my Robot. :mrgreen:
Since the Pavonis are erstwhile twins of the Cremina, you can still atone for your sins by getting one. Trouble is, even those have doubled in price over the last few years. So I vote to give you a pass. Let him in, lads. :wink:

-Peter
LMWDP #553

pcrussell50

#2193: Post by pcrussell50 »

eltakeiteasy wrote:Hey all, I am finally able to join the lever family. Here is a quick video on my new LR24:

So far I am really loving it and I am so excited to learn more about how to really use this machine. I love the mouthfeel I am getting from these shots I have never tasted anything like them. So great! Any recommendations or tips are always appreciated. Thanks in advance, Ryan
The R24 is too foolproof and awesome to qualify for the rough and tumble, "hair shirt" espresso experience of a real lever. But since his videos are awesom and his input is valuable, we'll have to make an exception. Let him in too, lads. :mrgreen:

-Peter
LMWDP #553

EddyQ

#2194: Post by EddyQ »

Spitz.me wrote:I'm kind of annoyed that I saw #666 go by and didn't realize I never registered over a year ago when I got my Robot. :mrgreen:
I've got that beat! Nearly 4 years ago I picked up my La Pavoni off Craig's list.

First Espresso

Since that purchase I was hooked. But it got worse. I started roasting and then this:

But after all this time of enjoying my espresso, I am ashamed to say that last week I finally figured out the benefit of adjusted my shots by dose! Crazy I know.

I hope you understand and still let me in. :mrgreen:
LMWDP #671

eltakeiteasy

#2195: Post by eltakeiteasy »

tonejac wrote:Damn!
Nice test tube set up! I'm assuming you've got all your pre-weighed portions ready to go in those?

Also, really liking your portafilter funnel. Matches the Niche Zero base perfectly. You're prep is amazingly clean too! Nice execution there.
Hey Tony, thanks! Yeah, I pre-dose everything out so it makes for easy mornings :) I really like that dosing funnel as well had it made and it has magnets in the bottom to help keep it on the portafilter. Really loving this machine so far. Can't stop pulling shots!
LMWDP #672.

eltakeiteasy

#2196: Post by eltakeiteasy »

pcrussell50 wrote:The R24 is too foolproof and awesome to qualify for the rough and tumble, "hair shirt" espresso experience of a real lever. But since his videos are awesom and his input is valuable, we'll have to make an exception. Let him in too, lads. :mrgreen:

-Peter
Haha, that is indeed true! :wink:
LMWDP #672.

tonejac

#2197: Post by tonejac »

eltakeiteasy wrote:Hey Tony, thanks! Yeah, I pre-dose everything out so it makes for easy mornings :) I really like that dosing funnel as well had it made and it has magnets in the bottom to help keep it on the portafilter. Really loving this machine so far. Can't stop pulling shots!
What are the details on that dosing funnel? I thought maybe you built it yourself on first glance. If not, where could I get one?

eltakeiteasy

#2198: Post by eltakeiteasy replying to tonejac »

Hey sure here you are:
LMWDP #672.

tonejac

#2199: Post by tonejac replying to eltakeiteasy »

Awesome! Thx for the link. I was able to trace him to his Etsy store here:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/EdekoDesig ... d=28250174

After messaging him on Etsy, he asks for the exact specs you want down to the tenth of a mm! (Love the precision!)

(precision fit and magnetic, snap into place!)

eltakeiteasy

#2200: Post by eltakeiteasy replying to tonejac »

He's awesome. He's very helpful as well. I highly recommend him. I may be buying another one to match the LR24 vs. the Niche as well now :)
LMWDP #672.