LMWDP Rollcall - Page 219

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
armindillo
Supporter ♡

#2181: Post by armindillo »

Yes, thanks Gary. I feel very lucky to have gotten that one (at a reasonable price even!) It has the gold anodized base from the "Export", the piston with a hole, 2 color handles, and it even came with the elusive VAM spoon. Basically my dream machine.

While I'm showing off, here is the link to my collection.
The Arrarex Caravel

My number is 667. Let's see if it shows up under this post...
LMWDP #667

Espresso_Monkey

#2182: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

tifoso in queens wrote: I'm loving my new Bezzera Family. The backstory is that I come from a family of espresso nuts, and I got started in the hobby about twelve years ago when I inherited a relative's old Gaggia. I then had long run with a Faema Family, and then a Coffex. This last machine made me obsess over finding a vintage club lever, and I eventually got a great deal on this Bezzera. Despite its age, it is pristine on the inside and near perfect on the outside, and I couldn't be happier. The machine is extremely temperature stable once it warms up (I have a temperature strip on the group), and it has the original pstat with a big but slow range (.9-1.5), which allows you to play around with shot temperature. The shots are rich and sweet, with only a bit less crema than my pump machines. I am mostly drinking ristretti, dosed at 7g/14g.
Beautiful machine. Love it, love the classics !!

sirknighting

#2183: Post by sirknighting »

armindillo wrote:Yes, thanks Gary. I feel very lucky to have gotten that one (at a reasonable price even!) It has the gold anodized base from the "Export", the piston with a hole, 2 color handles, and it even came with the elusive VAM spoon. Basically my dream machine.

The Arrarex Caravel

Hi, 666 here.

I set up alerts for this topic to go to my email, and I basically started writing my post as soon as it hit 665. I didn't expect there to be others targeting it.

I think you have to set the signature yourself, by navigating through:

user control panel -> profile -> edit signature.

Hope that helps!

Your machine is gorgeous.
LMWDP #666

armindillo
Supporter ♡

#2184: Post by armindillo »

Thanks Sam

Clearly you worked harder for that number 666 and have earned it. I also did not think anyone else would covet that number, so I did not go to the trouble of setting alerts. Actually 667 is also a nice number so I'm happy.

Somehow I thought those LMWDP references in the signature files got added automatically, just like the list at the start of the thread got automatically updated. Thanks for the tip!

And I have to say I really do like the look of your robot as well (even with the traces of actually being used to make coffee). It's a very appealing combination of retro and modern and colorful and is obviously a carefully made and designed machine. The same qualities that attract me to the VAM.
LMWDP #667

drgary
Team HB

#2185: Post by drgary »

armindillo wrote:Yes, thanks Gary. I feel very lucky to have gotten that one (at a reasonable price even!) It has the gold anodized base from the "Export", the piston with a hole, 2 color handles, and it even came with the elusive VAM spoon. Basically my dream machine.

The Arrarex Caravel

That's a great VAM/Caravel collection. Did you know you can copy that image link and post it here?

Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!