LMWDP Rollcall - Page 218

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Parkeralto

#2171: Post by Parkeralto »

Two years ago I wanted to upgrade my aging Quick Mill Alexia. Lever machines were calling to me then but my one experience with a used La Pavoni Europiccola was disappointing (turns out there was a cracked dip tube, but that's another story) So I stuck with E61 and bought an ECM Technika HX machine which is beautifully made and makes great espresso; mostly. There is a temperature surfing dance that must take into account ambient temp; how long since the last shot and so forth. And I never quite reconciled to passing up a lever
Browsing the forums here and getting the first hand stories from spring lever owners was a dangerous pastime which led me down to path to spring lever obsession. The result; a new Izzo Alex Leva arrived yesterday via tractor trailer (dam that thing is heavy). Out of the box, it is quite impressive. So although I haven't even gotten the plumbing sorted out and have to reinforce the sink where it will be installed. I couldn't resist taking a beauty shot.
★ Helpful

silkypull

#2172: Post by silkypull replying to Parkeralto »

congrats~! yea... the leva is heavy for sure. when mine arrived the cup warming tray got bent, so i had to adjust and bend it back as much as possible. HB group helped me a lot with the plumbing.. so i was able to get it setup mostly and then just drill a hole to complete the hook up. enjoy~
LMWDP #663

tifoso in queens

#2173: Post by tifoso in queens »

I'm loving my new Bezzera Family. The backstory is that I come from a family of espresso nuts, and I got started myself about twelve years ago when I inherited a relative's old Gaggia. I then had long run with a Faema Family, and then a Coffex. This last machine made me obsess over finding a vintage club lever, and I eventually got a great deal on this Bezzera. Despite its age, it is pristine on the inside and near perfect on the outside, and I couldn't be happier. The machine is extremely temperature stable once it warms up (I have a temperature strip on the group), and it has the original pstat with a big but slow range (.9-1.5), which allows you to play around with shot temperature. The shots are rich and sweet, with only a bit less crema than my pump machines. I am mostly drinking ristretti, dosed at 7g/14g.

sirknighting

#2174: Post by sirknighting »

finally worked up the motivation to respond to this post, but unfortunately my machine probably isn't as interesting as most.

Due to covid I've had to put away my e61 and move, so all I have for espresso right now is this lovely little robot. I've been hoping to dial it in, but the center post on the screen broke, so I've been waiting on that piece to restock or come in. I've been able to get interesting shots out of it but the workflow with a mangled shower screen has been quite frustrating. Hopefully I'll get a new screen by the time my grinder gets back from maintenance.

LMWDP #666

armindillo

#2175: Post by armindillo »

I'm a big VAM fan and use this machine 3-4 times a day. I also have 4 more VAM/Arrarex that I rotate in when I feel like a color change.

Only rarely do I make frothed milk, but I do still have the trusty Europiccola that I got 23 years ago to make foam.

Oh well, I was too slow to get #666, but now there's no reason to wait to join.
LMWDP #667

drgary
Team HB

#2176: Post by drgary »

What a lovely VAM. Thank you for showing it to us and welcome to the LMWDP! What number did you get?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

armindillo

#2177: Post by armindillo »

Yes, thanks Gary. I feel very lucky to have gotten that one (at a reasonable price even!) It has the gold anodized base from the "Export", the piston with a hole, 2 color handles, and it even came with the elusive VAM spoon. Basically my dream machine.

While I'm showing off, here is the link to my collection.
The Arrarex Caravel

My number is 667. Let's see if it shows up under this post...
LMWDP #667

Espresso_Monkey

#2178: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

tifoso in queens wrote: I'm loving my new Bezzera Family. The backstory is that I come from a family of espresso nuts, and I got started in the hobby about twelve years ago when I inherited a relative's old Gaggia. I then had long run with a Faema Family, and then a Coffex. This last machine made me obsess over finding a vintage club lever, and I eventually got a great deal on this Bezzera. Despite its age, it is pristine on the inside and near perfect on the outside, and I couldn't be happier. The machine is extremely temperature stable once it warms up (I have a temperature strip on the group), and it has the original pstat with a big but slow range (.9-1.5), which allows you to play around with shot temperature. The shots are rich and sweet, with only a bit less crema than my pump machines. I am mostly drinking ristretti, dosed at 7g/14g.
Beautiful machine. Love it, love the classics !!

sirknighting

#2179: Post by sirknighting »

armindillo wrote:Yes, thanks Gary. I feel very lucky to have gotten that one (at a reasonable price even!) It has the gold anodized base from the "Export", the piston with a hole, 2 color handles, and it even came with the elusive VAM spoon. Basically my dream machine.

While I'm showing off, here is the link to my collection.
The Arrarex Caravel

My number is 667. Let's see if it shows up under this post...
Hi, 666 here.

I set up alerts for this topic to go to my email, and I basically started writing my post as soon as it hit 665. I didn't expect there to be others targeting it.

I think you have to set the signature yourself, by navigating through:

user control panel -> profile -> edit signature.

Hope that helps!

Your machine is gorgeous.
LMWDP #666

armindillo

#2180: Post by armindillo »

Thanks Sam

Clearly you worked harder for that number 666 and have earned it. I also did not think anyone else would covet that number, so I did not go to the trouble of setting alerts. Actually 667 is also a nice number so I'm happy.

Somehow I thought those LMWDP references in the signature files got added automatically, just like the list at the start of the thread got automatically updated. Thanks for the tip!

And I have to say I really do like the look of your robot as well (even with the traces of actually being used to make coffee). It's a very appealing combination of retro and modern and colorful and is obviously a carefully made and designed machine. The same qualities that attract me to the VAM.
LMWDP #667