LMWDP Rollcall - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
h00ktern

#21: Post by h00ktern »

HB wrote:Karen, thanks for sharing your story and the picture of your nice looking Bezzera. The LMDWP membership numbers are self-serve and you are welcome to the next in line; following back in the thread, it appears to be #26. Jimmy jumped in line for #24 and Lino asked me offline for #25 (he can fight it out with h00ktern if he so chooses offline). The next member number is #27.
If Lino takes #27, then it should be #28...

If I have time tomorrow, maybe I can sift through the threads and put numbers to nicks... :roll:

Safe trips,
Dave

Updated: Click to read the official list of LMWDP members.
LMWDP #025

lino

#22: Post by lino »

I think it's time to appoint a "Keeper 'o the Numbers". As with any self respecting plot, the bureaucracy must grow with it's size...

Oh, and please don't think I'm volunteering for such a lofty position :shock:

No need to give me a number, I'll just remain an ally.

ciao

lino

______
SAOTLMWDP

espressoperson

#23: Post by espressoperson »

oliof wrote:I am the proud owner of machine #7718708. I exchanged the portafilter holder because the chrome on the inside peeled off. The machine is probably not in the best shape, but I have almost no knowledge of espresso machines. It would probably be worth bringing it into a shop that knows about this kind of machines though.

Regards,
oliof
Great story!

I used to be concerned about the lack of chrome on the inside of my portafilter. Mine didn't peel off but just plain wore out over decades of use. But IIRC Malachi says he prefers his portafilters cleaned down to the brass to improve the taste of the espresso.

MichaelB
LMWDP #24

Olympia Cremina 67
Mazzer Mini
100% Thor Fittings (No plastic!)
----

espressoperson

#24: Post by espressoperson »

h00ktern wrote:If I have time tomorrow, maybe I can sift through the threads and put numbers to nicks... :roll:

From anarchy to hierarchy! Thanks for doing this. IMO if newbies know what number is available they will be more likely to join. It's not like we need to worry about having too many members.

MichaelB
LMWDP #24

Olympia Cremina 67
Mazzer Mini
100% Thor Fittings (No plastic!)
----

h00ktern

#25: Post by h00ktern »

srobinson wrote:I am always here for tie-breakers.
Your call Boss.

No one has yet claimed it.
LMWDP #025

dylanmcnamee

#26: Post by dylanmcnamee »

I'll take 33.

I'm a very late-comer to the LMWDP, but not by temperament. As a "get it out of the way disclaimer," my wife works for a "major multi-national coffee retail company". I don't speak for her, nor her company.

In any case, we were happy with our pump machine, a Rancilio Rialto (aka Ms. Nancy?) that we bought as our first joint purchase about 15 years ago. It's still chugging along merrily. At the time, the machine we really wanted was an Olympia Cremina (naturally), but they were really hard to find at the time. Remember, this was before the Internet.

Scroll forward 15 years, my wife is given a Pavoni Europiccola for her 15th anniversary at work (woo hoo!), and this rekindles our long-buried desire for a Cremina. I found a nice one on eBay (sn 7719363, ebay item 4407127205), and with our natural dauntless nature fueled by Steve Robinson's wonderful restoration thread, we decided to take the plunge.

The Cremina arrived last night, and after turning it on and verifying it basically worked (and being very impressed with its condition), we decided to start ripping it apart for a full overhaul. I will start a "restoration of another olympia cremina" thread very soon. To set expectations, we do not plan on making our machine better than it was before, as Steve clearly is doing, but rather to make it work as close to new as we can (and look pretty good). I think our experience with the earlier vintage of this machine might be interesting for folks.

That's all for now,
dylan mcnamee
Rancilio Rialto/Rocky, Europiccola Millennium, All-Clad Presso, Atomic Moka, Olympia Cremina 7719363
LMWDP #33

cpl593h

#27: Post by cpl593h »

I guess I'm a latecomer too. I own a Europiccola two-switch with temperature control provided by a variac.

I'll take any number you give me!

HB
Admin

#28: Post by HB »

The LMWDP member numbers are self-serve and the next available is #0031; I've added you to h00tern's official list above. Wecome to HB. :-)
Dan Kehn

cpl593h

#29: Post by cpl593h replying to HB »

YESSSSSS that's actually my favorite number.

Glad to be here, I don't know what's taken me so long.

Madroaster

#30: Post by Madroaster »

cpl593h wrote:Glad to be here, I don't know what's taken me so long.
Funny you said that. I rediscovered this place last night, after completely forgetting about it for the past 4 months. I read everything HB had to say about Europiccolas before I bought mine (Note sly reference to my lever, which qualifies me for a number...32 I guess.), but promptly forgot about HB altogether, and have been spending my time on that other forum. But they don't have a lever forum...