Library from the knowledged experts here

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
WESTLAKE-ANGEL

#1: Post by WESTLAKE-ANGEL »

DEAR FRIENDS

As said before on my earlier post, I am a real green horn in terms of coffee machines, and since my goal is to get all informations and help from you knowledged boys and girls, on the way to the holy grail for an lever machine from the glorious days in the FIEFTIES AND SIXTIES....

Please pardon me my ignorance, so this is the purpose why I would like to start a new thread here...

My intentions are to create a kind of LIBRARY ? une Bibliothèque

The Idea Is to collect and post for our all informations, and better understanding for the machines created in this glorious days the following materials...

>> Sales brochures and commercial display documents, for the different machines made...

>> Technical documents, for us who are looking for the better understanding of this DEVIL machines that makes us losing our mind...

>> Spare lists, for us who want to go thru the difficult swamp of restoration, and so great feelings of wonderfull achievements that you guys must feel when you bring alive this wonderful old beauties....

I am asking you to help and share with me, and others, this elements that will help us on the way...

As my holy grail is the FAEMA PRESIDENT LEVER MACHINE

So let us start with this machine, and Let me ask you gently for your sources...!

If you have this materials for other important machines from this period you can also post here, we should try to do it my MAKERS AND STYLE OF MACHINES

For you to make it easy you can write in english german italian and french..

I guess i don't need to mention mandarin chinese, as there they still like more the very long GREEN TEA, than the SHORT BLACK

MERCI, THANKS, DANKE, GRAZIE, XE XE
LE COQ

erics
Supporter ★

#2: Post by erics »

It has been composed: http://www.espressomadeinitaly.com/ .
Skål,

Eric S.
http://users.rcn.com/erics/
E-mail: erics at rcn dot com

WESTLAKE-ANGEL (original poster)

#3: Post by WESTLAKE-ANGEL (original poster) »

Hi Erics,

Thanks for your reply and the link
Yes I know, but i did not mean in this way...!

The Idea is about to post here the important documents as mentionned before in my earlier post...

Merci and don't hesitate to post some documents you may have about this machines;;

Very kind regards
LE COQ

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

Hi Eric:

A few of us have been talking about starting a Wiki on this site and the owner, Dan Kehn (HB) has been supportive. We have not yet had enough interest to get that started but maybe you could express your interest in this thread:

Interested in being an HB wiki editor?

and read what we have been discussing on this thread:

Parts and Restoration Co-op and Wiki?

There have been other discussions about a wiki earlier that you will find with the Search function at the top of the site.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

#5: Post by WESTLAKE-ANGEL (original poster) »

good evening to everyone,

Is there nobody to share with us some nice period commercial documents for a FAEMA PRESIDENT Lever machine...

N'y a t'il personne pour partager un prospectus ou de le documentation pour une FAEMA PRESIDENT A Levier...

Ist da niemand der mit uns ein original prospect von einer FAEMA PRESIDENT teilen moechte...

Non c'è nessuno per dividere un volantino originale, o della documentazione per una FAEMA PRESIDENT Con Leva...

Merci les gars
LE COQ

pacificmanitou

#6: Post by pacificmanitou »

Even as a quick reference guide, I think its plenty useful. I don't know how many times I've answered newbie noise questions that could have been taken care of by a reference sheet on machines. Pair that with maintenance information and a lot of problems could be solved. Maybe its time to just start writing and submit a thread with the finished write-up.
LMWDP #366

HB
Admin

#7: Post by HB »

Split follow-on discussion to Interested in being an HB wiki editor?
Dan Kehn

#8: Post by WESTLAKE-ANGEL (original poster) »

DEAR DAN,

First let me express that I am really impressed by the general content and the great quality of your site.

I had no idea about what I will get into....
I had no idea that my post will have this issue...

I was asking for help to go thru the big amount of information that is around, and sometimes not easy to find...
That are in the hands of the real enthusiasts...
These enthusiasts are the diamonds of this platform, so why not to give them the chance and to stimulate them in a easy way to share...!

I was asking for a kind of folder to be created for all interested into, for all that like to have a look behind the wall...
A look behind this machines....
Let us just try to touch the feelings of the period where this great machine where created...
It was the time of GLAZED PAPER and the VESPA....!

It is the chance to go back, to open the window to the past; it is not only about to create a waste information data base.... (That makes me a little worried about...!)

I feel honoured to have the chance to give my opinion and please don't take it too serious.
And if you want to know my opinion, please don't make it too difficult...!

From my Green Horn point of view, it must be easy to go, and to post, easy to create? and let us first try simply without to much format...!

Kind regards from a nostalgic, completely opposite to a computer nut...!
:idea:
LE COQ

HB
Admin

#9: Post by HB »

WESTLAKE-ANGEL wrote:I was asking for help to go thru the big amount of information that is around, and sometimes not easy to find...
Having moderated forums for many years, I recommend starting with the site's Recommended Reading, FAQs and Favorites, searching on topics that interest you (see forum search tips), and then asking specific question(s) not already addressed by previous discussions. As you've read, we are discussing a wiki-like reference that would hopefully cover common questions/answer, but it's too early in the planning to know what form it will take.
Dan Kehn