Lever newbie - variable regulating valve for Londinium Compressa - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
nsuster

#11: Post by nsuster »

jbrady3324 wrote:I can't wait to hear your feedback on the Compressa! I am still deciding between Compressa and DE1+.

We have figured out how we will plumb which is much like you just described. I am going to have a dedicated copper line, from the basement, come up in the cabinet that sits on the countertop and drill a hole in the side of the cabinet to connect the water supply to machine. This way, the shut off valve and regular will be hidden and still easily accessible (instead of being on the backsplash). In the basement I will have the filters and a regular before the filters if needed.
I'll send my feedback once I get it up and running. The main thing now is UPS is being slow with my plumbing parts. I think the Compressa is still sitting in LA even though it cleared customs.

I had a similar decision between the Compressa and the DE1+. The main reason I chose the Compressa was the simplicity of the design. I considered the R24 but decided I wasn't too concerned about varying PI up to 6 bar and wanted a machine with less parts to fail. I also like the fact that Reiss is developing an owners board where common maintenance/repair procedures will be documented. I prefer to work on the machine myself rather than have to get it repaired (if possible) and less complicated parts will mean easier repairs.

I liked the DE1+ but my wife did not like how it looks and I really don't like Android :) So that was basically the tipping point towards the Compressa. I also think the price of the Compressa is good for what you get. My assumption was I would probably play around with the DE1+ profiles but then end up just settling on 1 main routine for simplicity.

Advertisement
jbrady3324 (original poster)

#12: Post by jbrady3324 (original poster) replying to nsuster »

Your last sentence is where I will likely end too which is why I wish the compressa was a better fit for my ktichen. If, I designed my kitchen cabinets for the Compressa, my decision would be easy. However, I did not so the DE1+ is very much in play. It certainly doesn't The Compressa is basically a LI, just smaller and much cheaper. That is a steal if you can plumb!

pcdawson

#13: Post by pcdawson »

I'm guessing it is also possible to run the compressa off of a flojet with accumulator too? The total cost of such a set up, while more cumbersome than the on board reservoir in the r24, would still make it a good value.

Tzuyu

#14: Post by Tzuyu »

The recommended line pressure is 45 psi, so jetflo might not work as it's rated at 40 psi, but you can use different pump rated higher psi.