Lever jump and wet puck

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Adam y

#1: Post by Adam y »

Hi I have a 3 group Victoria Arduino leva machine that is about 3 months old and the first two groups on the machine within about 2 days of each other started to have the lever jump when it is released and then only pour about one ounce. I have tried changing grind and tamp as well as pulled out one of the groups and lubed the seals. The seals are soft and appear to be in good condition. The third group works great and is also the least used. I have ordered new seals from Cafelat but I was hoping some ou=ne had some advice to hold me over until the new seals arrive. Thanks!

TomC
Team HB

#2: Post by TomC »

Drink tea till the seals arrive. :D /s
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

Advertisement
Adam y (original poster)

#3: Post by Adam y (original poster) »

Does three months seem really short for seal life?

rpavlis

#4: Post by rpavlis »

What was the condition of the cylinder walls? Are you positive that you used the correct lubricant? Pollutants in the water can rapidly initiate corrosion, and make the walls less smooth. Lever jump is a result of too much friction. Sometimes polishing the cylinder walls with metal polishes can help problems like this. You can use things like Brasso or Bar Keeper's Friend.

Adam y (original poster)

#5: Post by Adam y (original poster) »

Thanks for the advice I have some new lube coming tomorrow and the walls are perfect so hopefully the lube will help.