Lever groups and their compatibility - Conti vs Victoria Arduino Athena - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
sprint jinx (original poster)

#11: Post by sprint jinx (original poster) »

Thanks to both of you guys for pointing me in the positive directions.

I would certainly prefer to make my own, but it is usually difficult for me to source BSP fittings, and because I am unsure of the size of the threads in the flange, I will have to measure and order carefully. I have the ability to solder it up properly. Even McMaster has a limited variety of thread sizes. Is there a BSP source that is easy?

250mm is plenty of length- remember that I have the conti group in action and that dipper tube is maybe 6 inches long, curved downward in a nice even bend. I would probably have to cut off the 250mm tube at some point in order for it to fit.

I am familiar with the Profitec 800 machine, as I recommended it for my workplace, and it has been faithfully serving up drinks for a few years now. But, I have not had luck with contacting their US reps. It's probably worth a try.
I wonder, if I were to take this Ahtena head into work, and try to swap the lever handle, if the Profitec size would fit. Then I could potentially order the dip tube and the handle from the same supplier.

thanks again-

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by pizzaman383 »

I buy from cafeparts.com. Unfortunately, I have a collection of extra fittings because I never know what will fit and buy multiple sizes.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

JimH

#13: Post by JimH »

This group has been used on many machines, so I would guess that the part from astoriausaparts.com would work. Part # 4652000120. I have no idea if it is in stock and they do have a minimum order of I think $50, but it might be easier than fabricating one.

At the risk of derailing an interesting thread, I have a Conti lever group I'm not using (for a project I just never seem to get around to.) Feel free to send me a PM.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#14: Post by pizzaman383 »

Here is the dipper tube I purchased https://cafeparts.com/Tube-Ø-12x145-mm/Product/11379
Curtis
LMWDP #551

baldheadracing
Team HB

#15: Post by baldheadracing replying to pizzaman383 »

$75.99 :shock:
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#16: Post by pizzaman383 »

I paid $20 for it some years ago.
Curtis
LMWDP #551

baldheadracing
Team HB

#17: Post by baldheadracing »

That's also about what I paid as well way back when. Ah well, inflation seems to be back :(.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

#18: Post by sprint jinx (original poster) »

The cost of this part is worsened by the fact that it does not fit my group heads.
Its just the wrong thread size, and, its not curved 90 degrees like the one I have.

Does anyone know where to buy the real deal?

#19: Post by sprint jinx (original poster) »

I have received a second order attempt for the curved pipe at the rear of the lever flange.
This time, I ordered an Astoria 260 part number from Espresso Parts, and the fitting on the end does not match up with the hole on the Conti lever. Its too small of a fitting for the hole size.
I just thought it would matter for the next person looking for the curved pipe.
my search continues- this is just documentation that the part is rare.

thanks

Paul_Pratt

#20: Post by Paul_Pratt »

Which part are you looking for? For the modern lever group or a Conti group?