Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 77

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
zeb

#761: Post by zeb »

Hello all

Jack, i don't believe than Nice was in Italy about 1949-1953.

Enrico Maltoni don't talk about this part of the Faema's history but "France" has never been in Italy and "Made in France" mean that the machine was manufactured in France, "rue du trident Nice" ;)

http://maps.google.fr/maps?q=Nice&oe=ut ... CBgQ_AUoAg :lol:

Very nice machine.

Pascal

davestd

#762: Post by davestd »

Hello all,
You are right Pascal: first production of Faema machines was made in Nice, France, to circumvent the Gaggia patent (registered only in Italy) for lever actioned spring piston; also Valente (the founder of Faema) started his activity in the coffee machine world, producing in his workshop machines for Mr. Gaggia (a barman working in Milan); that's why Gaggia Classica is quite the same as Faema Mercurio!!

And why LSM Disco Volante (and Lollobrigida) has that strange piston with 4 little external springs and with strange operation (lowers and raises in line with the lever)? again to bypass the Gaggia patent! 8)

However mr. Channo is really a guru and will explain this better than other!!

davestd

#763: Post by davestd »

Hi all,
Here is a corner of my attic, as results after more than 20 years finding lever machines ;)
In the garage there are the commercial models (bigger and heavier..).
A quiz for all of you: do you recognize the models? For amusement only, no prizes, sorry! :wink:

Best,
Davide

jarviscochrane

#764: Post by jarviscochrane »

That is a truly amazing collection you have Davide. Be careful not to publish your address or you will have a line-up outside your house. I'll be first in line for that Olmpia Club and one of those Moca grinders...

Thanks for sharing.

davestd

#765: Post by davestd »

Thank you!
Actually that machine on right isn't an Olympia club, but the "italian copy": Sama Lusso (still on production as Ponte Vecchio Lusso).

Best,
Davide

uscfroadie
Supporter ♡

#766: Post by uscfroadie »

davestd wrote:A quiz for all of you: do you recognize the models? For amusement only, no prizes, sorry! :wink:

<image>

Best,
Davide
Wow...a Cremina, numerous Cimbali Libertys, Peppinas, Caravels, Ponte Vecchio, Brugnetti, etc.

How about posting a picture of the commercial stuff?
Merle

drgary
Team HB

#767: Post by drgary »

Hi Davide:

Also Kim, it looks like eight Faeminas, Gaggia Gilda, probably the older Microcimbalis. What is the green one near the Sama? Maybe you can tell us some of the other ones we're missing. Also, which ones do you prefer for different styles of espresso? There are some grinders there too. You even have more machines than doubleOsoul!

Davide, Santa's been visiting your house every year unless we're actually looking at his workshop. :D
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul

#768: Post by doubleOsoul »

davestd wrote:Hi all,
Here is a corner of my attic, as results after more than 20 years finding lever machines ;)
A quiz for all of you: do you recognize the models? For amusement only, no prizes, sorry! :wink:

<image>

Best,
Davide

Okay, nobody gets to jam me over my collection any - more! :lol: I've met my match.
OO

Javier

#769: Post by Javier »

davestd wrote:Hi all,

<image>

Best,
Davide
What is the green machine in front of the Sama Lusso? And is that a yellow Lady Duchessa between the Olympia Cremina and the yellow VAM? Love the line up of Faema Faeminas in the background :D. Amazing collection!
LMWDP #115

kitt

#770: Post by kitt »

Javier wrote: What is the green machine in front of the Sama Lusso?
drgary wrote:What is the green one near the Sama?
Looks to be the San Marco prototype Davide posted back on page 72

Amazing collection Davide, i feel lucky to have 1 Faemina, but that puts it into perspective! :D