Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
espressme

#41: Post by espressme »

mrgnomer wrote:Cremina just came today :D

<image>
Bless you, for you are called to the promised land of the godshot! :wink:
Enjoy!
richard
richard penney LMWDP #090,

mrgnomer

#42: Post by mrgnomer replying to espressme »

Thanks, Richard! :lol:

mrgnomer

#43: Post by mrgnomer »

Day 2 Cremina shot.

Very tasty. More depth than the average Vetrano shot and using the plastic tamper :o I'm a be-lever!

Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

TUS172

#44: Post by TUS172 »

Joris..... Great job on the restoration. I really like the look of the "After" machine. How much time did it take?
Bob C.
(No longer a lever purist!)
LMWDP #012

Joris

#45: Post by Joris replying to TUS172 »

With the help of a friend and his fully equiped workplace (every tool imaginable and all the spare parts of espresso machine you can think of) it took us 2 very long nights. Then another day to fit the casing. All in all about 3 full days I recon.

jamoke

#46: Post by jamoke »

The Prince and the Pauper:

Actually, the Capucio KING and the Sama Export. The King will one day soon be back on Ebay. The Export is a keeper.

The Export, with a genuine Sama knockbox:

According to Joe at the Good Coffee Company (who sent the Export's black tophat and tray insert quickly and at a very reasonable price), the Samas were shipped with a matching knockbox. The non-matching colors of this pair is just one of those little mysteries. The screw-in spout on the portafilter apparently qualifies this example as a "vintage" model; or just old :?
Ed Bugel
LMWDP 122
Huky #297

mogogear

#47: Post by mogogear »

Welcome to your brood!

I see a dissassembly soon so you caan have those custom powder coated to match... what color....? Peacecup / Jack sure raves about his Sama --- he is a pro with it--So does Prof Stack--- Prof... you out there?
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

timo888

#48: Post by timo888 »

jamoke wrote:... The Export is a keeper....The screw-in spout on the portafilter apparently qualifies this example as a "vintage" model; or just old :?
I prefer the screw-in spouts. If you remove the spouts, you will have an early prototype of the naked portafilter :)

Regards
Timo

jamoke

#49: Post by jamoke »

Mogogear said:
I see a dissassembly soon so you caan have those custom powder coated

Actually, it's already undergone a partial disassembly; a bit of a leak at the top of the sight glass needed investigating. This entailed removing the front 3/4 of the case from the back, which entailed removing the steam knob, steam wand and group. All this to tighten the nut that compresses an o-ring about 1/4 turn. This should give the Pavonistas among us a good chuckle :wink:
Anyway, it gave me the opportunity to whisk the debris from inside the case.
Ed Bugel
LMWDP 122
Huky #297

peacecup

#50: Post by peacecup »

Well, that Sama was a good deal. I've come to love my little Export. I've gotten very fond of 1-oz ristrettos since I got it. It is a pain to remove the case - I have not ventured to do so yet. Come to think of it, the only thing I've ever done after 1 1/2 years of daily use with the Export is a drop of olive oil on top of the piston rod, and some oil on the little rubber feet. After exeriencing the naked boiler on my Cap Amore, I'd never want an exposed boiler for daily use. Who ever came up with the idea of 220 F metal being exposed to the touch?

BTW, are the portafilters on the King and Sama the same size?

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."