Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 339

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Hudson

#3381: Post by Hudson »

Enjoy your Strietman! It is a wonderful machine.

Check out the CT2 thread for details about scales. I recently posted images of various cups and their clearances when using my Pyxis. Other members have used the acaia lunar.
LMWDP #534

Starspawn2318

#3382: Post by Starspawn2318 »

Thanks. I picked up a set of Inker Wave Cups because they are short and fat and have the same dimensions as the Ischia cups so hopefully that works. Then I may just bite the bullet and get a lunar or pyxis.

zix

#3383: Post by zix »

Starspawn2318 wrote:I was extremely tempted by some of the spring lever machines like profitec or londinium but at this point in my life 45 minute start up time even with a timer isn't of interest to me.
As someone that already made the move to a Strietman, I congratulate you. My process was exactly the same, down to the angst with going down in size from 58 to 50mm. I had to go down in size though, the kitchen in the new house was far too small for a big leva like my old Bezzera B3000AL, and big Bezzie had to move to the office.
I must say that making coffee with the Strietman has been the single most enjoyable coffee making process I have had, since I started with espresso. I never used a scale under the cup, it just is not needed that much with the Strietman, you feel in your hand if you need to stop the pull, and usually you pull all the way down anyway. It is like... you are already in the process with your body, and you are better at judging when to stop than a machine is.
All my worries of not matching up to big Bezzie at home are gone. The Strietman is perfectly scaled down to home use, and it concentrates only on coffee. Since you have the Decent, you won't be worrying about steaming milk either. I bought the Dualit steamer a while back to deal with that.

Congratulations to a super beautiful machine!
LMWDP #047

Starspawn2318

#3384: Post by Starspawn2318 »

Thanks. Do you usually pull the lever all the way up? I ask because If I'm not going to use a scale and I'm going to lift it all the way up and then push it all the way down the shot ratio might be longer than I usually like. What type of ratios do you usually pull?

beer&mathematics

#3385: Post by beer&mathematics »

vberch wrote:Oh, no! Not me! :D

Here are two Creminas side by side, a red 1990 and brown 1984. Since then, QM Anita is gone, red Cremina is gone, Super Jolly is gone, even the table is gone! :)
Awesome! I realized I've been following your gear progression for many years now so it's very cool to see!

I wonder why you kept the specific brown Cremina over the others?
LMWDP #431

vberch

#3386: Post by vberch replying to beer&mathematics »

Jorge, good question! I actually liked the build of the older Creminas over the new ones, but I am an old soul :). It was a toss between a red 1990 and brown 1984. Aesthetically, I liked my brown Cremina better plus a friend of mine wanted my red Cremina. My brown Cremina will always be with me.

Sascha

#3387: Post by Sascha »

Hi there, first post here. My new toy

Greetings Sascha

Cuprajake

#3388: Post by Cuprajake »

My setup,

I have thrown the Weber bean cellars away

mipe

#3389: Post by mipe »

What was wrong with the bean cellars? I would like to buy one for myself, but it's hard to get it in europe.

Cuprajake

#3390: Post by Cuprajake »

The seals went slack and they lost all there air tight use.

Some one said wrap electrical tape round it, but that's not my kinda thing