Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 336

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
baldheadracing
Team HB

#3351: Post by baldheadracing »

mrgnomer wrote:How are the pulls?
The Zodiaco group certainly has quite a reputation for taste. When I was looking for a reasonably-available vintage commercial lever, the only other group that seemed to have a similarly stellar reputation for taste was the Aurora group 8).

YMMV.
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

espressotime

#3352: Post by espressotime »

mrgnomer wrote:How are the pulls?
Soft and smooth . No harshness. Just the way I like them.

Advertisement
mrgnomer

#3353: Post by mrgnomer »

Nice smooth pull. Beautiful lever
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

drgary
Team HB

#3354: Post by drgary »

baldheadracing wrote:The Zodiaco group certainly has quite a reputation for taste. When I was looking for a reasonably-available vintage commercial lever, the only other group that seemed to have a similarly stellar reputation for taste was the Aurora group 8).

YMMV.
Yes, YMMV. When I upgraded to my Conti Prestina commercial lever it blew me away and my upgrade itch stopped. There's a point where the machine exceeds your expectations and the coffee becomes the focus again. :wink:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

mrgnomer

#3355: Post by mrgnomer »

I relied on a La Pavoni Europiccola and 67 Cremina when my e61 pump machine went down. Fixed the e61 after 2 years of procrastination, used it for a while then got a Strega. Going to put the e61 up for sale. Only other machine I'd consider is a better lever. Love the lever.
drgary wrote:There's a point where the machine exceeds your expectations and the coffee becomes the focus again. :wink:
Can I get an amen. Well said
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3356: Post by baldheadracing »

drgary wrote:Yes, YMMV. When I upgraded to my Conti Prestina commercial lever it blew me away and my upgrade itch stopped. There's a point where the machine exceeds your expectations and the coffee becomes the focus again. :wink:
True. Back when I was looking, Conti's seemed very hard to find compared to Faema's, at least in Canada. Later on I found out that it was possible to buy a new Conti CC100, but by then the Lapera was close to production.

Current 49mm group pic to stay on topic 8): 1970 "Ultimate" Europiccola, 1962 Cremina, 1985 Micro Casa a Leva

drgary
Team HB

#3357: Post by drgary »

Nice collection! Did you get the Cremina from Francesco? And do you have a link with more detail about your 1970 Europiccola?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Advertisement
beer&mathematics

#3358: Post by beer&mathematics »

baldheadracing wrote:True. Back when I was looking, Conti's seemed very hard to find compared to Faema's, at least in Canada. Later on I found out that it was possible to buy a new Conti CC100, but by then the Lapera was close to production.

Current 49mm group pic to stay on topic 8): 1970 "Ultimate" Europiccola, 1962 Cremina, 1985 Micro Casa a Leva
Great corner! Dig that Olympia...I almost pulled the trigger on either than one (if it's Francesco's as Dr Gary inquires) or a similar one. However, I've been dreaming of a Cremina since I got into this game, and finally found one

Ps did you casually mention you have a Lapera???
LMWDP #431

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3359: Post by baldheadracing »

drgary wrote:Nice collection! Did you get the Cremina from Francesco? And do you have a link with more detail about your 1970 Europiccola?
Thanks. Yes, from Francesco. He's great :D. A Cremina wasn't in my plans, but there was just something about having a machine that is the same age as I am.

Thanks for the reminder about the Europiccola write-up. I took the PID off a month ago; now I've just got to take off the grotesque training wheels (the pressure gauges) to finish up.
beer&mathematics wrote:Ps did you casually mention you have a Lapera???
:mrgreen: I'd been following Thomas', ah, obsession since inception, and the shop is only a couple hours away. I had to get one. Lapera DS first edition user experience

The second edition is currently in final assembly and has a huge amount of upgrades/changes over the initial production, like a switch to 316 stainless steel from 304.

kidloco

#3360: Post by kidloco »

Recent buy and then upgraded with AirBuster, PPK kit, and Bong Isolator- 1977 Pavoni.