Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 335

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
FotonDrv

#3341: Post by FotonDrv »

sonnylowe wrote:It was definitely worth the wait. There is something special about pulling shots on such a beautiful piece of art. I find the shots are more consistent on the CT2 than any other small lever I have used. I do give the machine a little extra time for the temperature to stabilize (about 20 minutes), but once it has, it is on point, shot after shot.
Do you leave the reservoir full and start it up in the morning on a timer? Or is that not possible?
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

sonnylowe
Supporter ♡

#3342: Post by sonnylowe replying to FotonDrv »

I refill the reservoir after every use, so it is always full the next time I use it. The initial warm up time is quick, 7-8 minutes so I don't use a timer. Even with letting it cycle a few times I can usually occupy myself long enough preparing the beans, cup, milk (if it's a cap) that it is never an issue, even waiting 15-20 minutes. I have also pulled shots within 10 minutes of turning it on, both work well.

I do use a WIFI receptacle on my L1, Club and Cremina SL, but their heat up times are all over an hour, so it's nice to have them ready to go when I wake up. You could most certainly use a similar device on the CT2, I don't see an issue. The only thing to consider it the "on" window, do you leave it on for an hour, 2 hours, etc.? On a closed boiler machine it really doesn't matter, my L1 was programmed to stay on for 4 hours, however, if the CT2 was left on too long the water could evaporating from the machine due to the open boiler design. Because of that possibility (and my forgetfulness) I actually use a 30 minute "shut off safety" outlet on the CT2. That way, even if I forgot to turn it off, it shuts down automatically...I feel much better knowing I can't accidently leave it on.
LMWDP #597

FotonDrv

#3343: Post by FotonDrv replying to sonnylowe »

That is useful information, thank you.
That Light at the End of the Tunnel is actually a train

renatoa

#3344: Post by renatoa »

There is a CT-2 thread, with a lot more info to dig into ;)

cuongdinh

#3345: Post by cuongdinh »

FotonDrv wrote:Was the CT-2 worth the wait? How is it with repeated shots?
It took me 9 days, from ordering to receiving my CT 2 last month, not much of a 'wait' IMO.

drgary
Team HB

#3346: Post by drgary »

Here is the dedicated CT-2 thread. As a courtesy, please don't go too far off track for this thread, which shows a gallery of a variety of levers.

User Experience with the Strietman CT2
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

espressotime

#3347: Post by espressotime »

The one I sold my Pompei for after 10 years.
Best I' ve ever had.

mrgnomer

#3348: Post by mrgnomer »

Looks like a Feama Zodiac. Gorgeous.
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

drgary
Team HB

#3349: Post by drgary »

It's a Lambro, one of my dream machines.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

mrgnomer

#3350: Post by mrgnomer »

How are the pulls?
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love