Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 333

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
LObin

#3321: Post by LObin »

dak wrote:First time poster to this thread. Some really cool stuff! Recently spruced up a '77 La Pavoni and added some new bits. Now the CT2 has a friend :D

What a beauty!

Original paint on the base? Looks almost intact!

I like what you did with the Air Buster. It is a gem after all ;)
LMWDP #592

LObin

#3322: Post by LObin »

It's been a while since I've updated my lever machine situation... :)

Home setup:

Cottage setup:
LMWDP #592

dak

#3323: Post by dak »

LObin wrote:What a beauty!

Original paint on the base? Looks almost intact!

I like what you did with the Air Buster. It is a gem after all ;)
Thanks Jonathan, yup, original paint. It was owned by a family member since new and probably only had 50 shots pulled on it before it was put in a cupboard for the last 45 years! New silicone seals, some elbow grease and the airbuster and it works like new, actually better! Great compliment to the CT2 as I am using the same Strietman baskets and prep tools for both.

Sander1981

#3324: Post by Sander1981 »

Since I took the first proper picture of the front of my Marte only just now (the front side has been facing a wall for 2 years now), I hereby present the prettiest side of the Marte:

Once a year, when I check everything and give it a (more) thorough clean, I turn it around and keep being amazed by how great the front side looks. The original neon tube still works. I restored this one in 2019/2020 (link: Faema Marte restoration), and have been using it as daily driver since then. I've paired it with a Mazzer Super Jolly electronic.

BaristaBoy E61

#3325: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Sander1981 wrote:I restored this one in 2019/2020 (link: Faema Marte restoration), and have been using it as daily driver since then.
... And how's the 'Driving' experience; & taste?
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Sander1981

#3326: Post by Sander1981 replying to BaristaBoy E61 »

Just fantastic. It is quite forgiving, even when I grind too fine or when I overdose it is often still usable (compared to my previous E61). Making multiple doubles in a row is challenging, as the group still holds pressure for a significant time. I then move the portafilter a bit until a hiss can be heard, to let pressure escape. Of course, in an ideal world, it would have been a two-group :-)

espressotime

#3327: Post by espressotime »

Sander1981 wrote:Since I took the first proper picture of the front of my Marte only just now (the front side has been facing a wall for 2 years now), I hereby present the prettiest side of the Marte:

Once a year, when I check everything and give it a (more) thorough clean, I turn it around and keep being amazed by how great the front side looks. The original neon tube still works. I restored this one in 2019/2020 (link: Faema Marte restoration), and have been using it as daily driver since then. I've paired it with a Mazzer Super Jolly electronic.
Wow.
That sure is pretty.

mrgnomer

#3328: Post by mrgnomer »

Love the lever
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

DJF

#3329: Post by DJF »

Sander1981 wrote:Since I took the first proper picture of the front of my Marte only just now (the front side has been facing a wall for 2 years now), I hereby present the prettiest side of the Marte:
Great resto on a spectacular machine. I read your thread and will post a question there about it's daily use.

Edit; whoops, closed thread. I'll ask it here /levers/195 ... 22-40.html.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

espresomania

#3330: Post by espresomania »

Levers table from Suceava Romania