Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 331

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
IamOiman
Team HB

#3301: Post by IamOiman »

nice finds 8)

I expect forum topics on each machine soon
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Satchmo780

#3302: Post by Satchmo780 »

cedar wrote:That's exciting Ryan.

I have two of those waiting for refurb: an Eleva in the same colour but in 110v. It was found by a friend way up in Northern BC in a mining town called Smithers and it was a bit of an adventure to get it shipped from there.

It has been in storage for a while and is in pretty good shape, except the sight glass cover is missing and the bottom of the cover plate below the group was snapped off.
Damn, so there are machines like this in Canada. Great to know! Now I'm going to scour Northern Ontario.
LMWDP #737

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3303: Post by baldheadracing replying to Satchmo780 »

GTA is where most of the machines are, due to the massive Italian community (second largest in North America, behind NYC).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Satchmo780

#3304: Post by Satchmo780 replying to baldheadracing »

Good to know - I'm just west and going to start the search for a Lambro or Prestina in earnest soon.

I've seen a few two group Arduino's but they're too big for my small house.
LMWDP #737

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3305: Post by baldheadracing »

Satchmo780 wrote:Good to know - I'm just west and going to start the search for a Lambro or Prestina in earnest soon.
You'll probably have better odds with the Lambro or another Faema - or a Gaggia. I don't know if Conti's were ever sold in Canada. Faemas were by far the most popular machine in the GTA as far as I know.

I kept a regular look out for a Faema Velox for years, but once I had the Lapera, I stopped looking :wink:.

Good luck in your search!
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

cedar

#3306: Post by cedar »

Satchmo780 wrote: Damn, so there are machines like this in Canada. Great to know! Now I'm going to scour Northern Ontario.
Yes there are. This one from a small town in rural Alberta, NE of Calgary. My 89 year-old mother, bless her, drove out in the snow three months ago to pick this up for me. Sharp as a tack and still happily driving.

Nuova Simonelli Elle, ca. 1974. This had also been in storage for years, unused, and remarkably clean for approaching 50 years old. I'm sure the dry air there helps.

It is huge for a 1-group. Almost 25 inches wide, and the group is the same size as a Gaggia lever. This pic for scale.

I had to fly up to Calgary six weeks ago so I have seen it, but I won't be able to bring it home until September.

Odd thing, there is a 2014 thread here of another one of these found in Alberta, even further north in Grande Prairie.

1974 Nuova Simonelli Commercial Lever Project

cedar

#3307: Post by cedar »

Ryan wrote: I expect forum topics on each machine soon
I doubt soon...you may be expecting for a while I am afraid, but I would like to do that. I am overwhelmed with work, and in 17 days I'm flying to Italy for 6 weeks, working in Vicenza. And I have other projects to tackle first.

espressotime

#3308: Post by espressotime »

K30 in matching colour now

BaristaBoy E61

#3309: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

cedar wrote:Yes there are. This one from a small town in rural Alberta, NE of Calgary. My 89 year-old mother, bless her, drove out in the snow three months ago to pick this up for me. Sharp as a tack and still happily driving.
Beautiful machine. Your Mom's amazing - and strong too! :lol:
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

cedar

#3310: Post by cedar »

Yes, it was pretty cool that she drove out to a little town in the prairies to pick it up like that. I did, however, arrange for others to do the lifting at either end of her little adventure.

It is on the floor of her sitting room and she tells me it is quite the conversation piece with her friends -- she had never seen anything like it.