Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 324

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
LObin

#3231: Post by LObin »

ie_benitez wrote:Just finished watching all the gallery pics.. had a great time... my experience with lever have been brief with a
pavoni as my first machine and a londinium R recently. I have been looking at the QM achille for while I was surprise not many pics of the QM? Is there a particular reason why this model is not more popular? It checks lots of boxes for me.
I also went through the whole thread a few months ago and it's a lot of fun indeed!

The Achille was received positively but was rather a big machine and was not distributed everywhere in NA. There wasn't that many direct competitors back when it was released. Londinium 1 and Strega where quite hot back then.

The Veloce got some mixed reviews early on and was also not that easy to find in the US and Canada. With the next generation Londinium's, Pro800, Alex Leva... With the release of flow control E61 and the rising of Decent.... let's just say the Veloce didn't have the success they hoped for.

There's even more prosumer spring lever options now (yay!) so you better bring something new to the table game, whether it's esthetically or functionality. So far, I'd say lever fans have been served!
LMWDP #592

Hieu Cao

#3232: Post by Hieu Cao »

Thanks!
I just got another vintage model called V1 which was made in 1974! It still works fine but I want to change the grouphead's gasket which is looked completely different from later generations! Do you or anybody know where I can find gaskets and other parts for this model?
Thanks and stay healthy!
Brewing coffee on La Pavoni is brewing with feeling and emotion, right?

Hieu Cao

#3233: Post by Hieu Cao »

JJ420 wrote:Thank you! Just finished up another travel case. This time it's real small compared to the previous one I did for my MCAL plus grinder along with all of the accessories. Harbor Freight case was used instead which saved myself like $250 compared to using a top of the line Nanuk or something similar.

Awesome! Can you tell about the size of this case?
Thanks!
Brewing coffee on La Pavoni is brewing with feeling and emotion, right?

yoshi005

#3234: Post by yoshi005 »

My office espresso setup. Cost me a tenth of my home equipment but is just as pleasant.

LMWDP #453

truemagellen

#3235: Post by truemagellen »

I still really enjoy this thread after all these years...thanks for reviving it once again!!

These are my 2 favorite levers. Debating to wall mount the Strietman but I kind of like shuffling it around the house to work and all sorts of places so it would need to be on a removable wall fixture.

yoshi005

#3236: Post by yoshi005 »

@truemagellen

Nice Setup.
I have a spring lever and a manual lever as well. My kitchen equipment:
LMWDP #453

IamOiman
Team HB

#3237: Post by IamOiman »

A new little arrival from Spain, a very lightly used later 1st series Campeona Modello 8 "Bambina" with a 125V heating element. I actually received an extra heating element that is 125V as the one currently installed in the machine is 220V, so I surmise the original owner swapped it out with the 220V element at some point. It is in an extremelly well preserved state and just needs new seals. The one flaw I found was a small dent on the front of the boiler but it should not impede functionality

I had a Spanish contact mail it over to me.

-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

RobAnybody

#3238: Post by RobAnybody »

nice! have you tried it out yet? :D
That counter grip on the back is interesting, i guess it makes sense in terms of keeping the machine upright while cocking the spring (if that is at all necessary)
cheers,
Rob
LMWDP #647

IamOiman
Team HB

#3239: Post by IamOiman »

Nope, the piston gaskets are shot!

yea the little grip certainly is interesting. Perhaps they were concerned the portafilter would come loose during use.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

drgary
Team HB

#3240: Post by drgary »

That Bambina is a beauty, Ryan. Thanks for showing it to us!
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!