Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 314

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
doubleOsoul

#3131: Post by doubleOsoul »

Kent's collection would be a good thread too.

kowalej

#3132: Post by kowalej »

New home and new machine (Profitec Pro 800 and Eureka Specialita):

Old setup (humble Pavoni PID and OE Pharos):

mwynne

#3133: Post by mwynne »

kowalej wrote:New home and new machine (Profitec Pro 800 and Eureka Specialita)
How do you like the shift from the Europiccola to the Profitec? I'm eyeing a similar upgrade from my EP to some kind of bigger spring lever machine...
LMWDP #673

kowalej

#3134: Post by kowalej replying to mwynne »

I'm definitely noticing different qualities in the coffee coming out of the spring lever, but keep in mind, I have changed grinders and the quantity of grounds has gone up as well since I'm using a bigger basket with the Profitec (21 vs 16 grams). Overall, I am happier with the average shot coming out of this machine than the Pavoni, even with myself being a beginner on the Profitec, and having temperature stabilized the Pavoni with the PID and become quite experienced with it - it's simply much easier to be consistent with the big spring lever IMO.

Aside from taste, moving up to a commercial type lever with a big boxy frame is a huge plus. I love having the cup warmer, the hot water spout, a massive drip tray (Pavoni is a joke in that department), and just the overall stability and heft of the machine. Certainly there's no looking back now that I have upgraded, but the Pavoni was an amazing machine and value which served me well.

mwynne

#3135: Post by mwynne »

*sigh* I can't afford to upgrade, but I want to!
LMWDP #673

drgary
Team HB

#3136: Post by drgary »

doubleOsoul wrote:Kent's collection would be a good thread too.
Cher, you're working too hard! That's a link to the thread. :wink:
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

jmotzi

#3137: Post by jmotzi »

JohnStuartP wrote:Working on a coffee nook in our little cabin. We are in love with this old Micro Casa. Trying to decide if I should refinish it or not.
It looks great with the patina! - why mess with that? Maybe refinish the Niche so it matches the mood of the Micro Casa :wink:

JM
LMWDP #662

redbone

#3138: Post by redbone »

IamOiman wrote:I would not mind doing something like that. I'll need to gather some pics and determine which forum is most appropriate.
Refurbished and moved a lot of vintage prosumer lever machines, some of which I regret at times. Current collection is modest compared to some others mentioned. No duplicates outside of VAM / Caravel machines of which I currently have 2 VAM's and 1 Caravel. Many machines I've had elements made in 110-120v.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

hendasa

#3139: Post by hendasa »

Eureka vintage lever machine, one group gas, fifties or sixties years manufacturing, under restoration.
LMWDP #683
First ignore u then laugh at u then they copy yr pressure profile

drgary
Team HB

#3140: Post by drgary »

That Eureka is wonderful. Thank you for showing it to us. Do you have photos of the back?
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!