Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 311

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Gataros

#3101: Post by Gataros »

Thank you all for the kind words, she arrived today and somehow I feel charmed!

Nope it isnt the original but powder coated :-)

Oskuk

#3102: Post by Oskuk »

7 years ago: "Stop that gym and come let's pull a shot!"

★ Helpful

ojt

#3103: Post by ojt »

Gataros wrote:Today i join the lever ''club''.

My 1983 LP professional with the PPKit :)
Nice! Way to start.. with PPK and the isolator installed :) You will be pulling some nice shots with that. Let us know if you need any tips on that.
Osku

Gataros

#3104: Post by Gataros »

The one thing i have noticed is that i definitely need the temperature strips.

Almost all the time, the first coffee i make is somehow not as hot i would have expected.

After my funnel comes, i will be able to fill much better the basket, since now i create a mess all over the kitchen counter.

From my extractions, it is evident that my distribution needs a lot of work.

As a first observation, the mouthfeel of my espressos is much smoother compared to a pump machine.

bcrdukes

#3105: Post by bcrdukes »

Wow, very nice machine!

The bottomless portafilter - is that a factory cutout? Or an aftermarket version?
LMWDP #685

grind727

#3106: Post by grind727 »

Gataros wrote:The one thing i have noticed is that i definitely need the temperature strips.

Almost all the time, the first coffee i make is somehow not as hot i would have expected.
Are you releasing some steam after it first comes up to pressure? If not, the "false pressure" may prevent it from heating up enough.
LMWDP #717

Gataros

#3107: Post by Gataros »

bcrdukes wrote:Wow, very nice machine!

The bottomless portafilter - is that a factory cutout? Or an aftermarket version?

It's an after market version combined with an IMS basket:

https://coffee-sensor.com/product/la-pa ... ter-49-mm/

Gataros

#3108: Post by Gataros »

grind727 wrote:Are you releasing some steam after it first comes up to pressure? If not, the "false pressure" may prevent it from heating up enough.

Yes I have tried as a general rule to release some steam, wait for the boiler to recover, then lift mid way the lever for the GH to heat, however when I make the first coffee, I don't get this warm close to burn feeling an espresso should have.

foam2

#3109: Post by foam2 »

Just picked up a 67 cremina to play with at work...

ojt

#3110: Post by ojt »

Gataros wrote:Yes I have tried as a general rule to release some steam, wait for the boiler to recover, then lift mid way the lever for the GH to heat, however when I make the first coffee, I don't get this warm close to burn feeling an espresso should have.
Get a GH thermometer, and this discussion to another topic :) The isolator is doing its job keeping the GH cool. You need the thermometer even more. I have a millennium model with the isolator myself.
Osku