Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 299

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
BaristaBoy E61

#2981: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

EddyQ wrote:This was my wife's idea.

Well, just like that KvdW Idrocompresso - your wife's keeper!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Balthazar_B

#2982: Post by Balthazar_B »

drgary wrote:Nice roaster ... how about more beauty shots of the Idrocompresso! :lol:
Yeah. And some nude shots! :mrgreen:
- John

LMWDP # 577

Breve

#2983: Post by Breve »

I modified a junker Cappuccino Amore purchased off eBay. I started and stopped this project half a dozen times... the machine is finally done, but I am still missing one very critical component. I can't find a portafilter to save my life!

Does anyone have any leads to a Cappuccino Amore portafilter? Basket diameter is 55mm.
LMWDP #679 | "I like my sugar with coffee and cream"

Espresso_Monkey

#2984: Post by Espresso_Monkey »

Breve wrote: I modified a junker Cappuccino Amore purchased off eBay. I picked up at and put away this project half a dozen times... the machine is finally done, but I am still missing one very critical component. I can't find a portafilter to save my life!

Does anyone have any leads to a Cappuccino Amore portafilter? Basket diameter is 55mm.
Good luck with your search!
Please create a post about your build, looks amazing!

guijan12

#2985: Post by guijan12 »

Breve wrote: I modified a junker Cappuccino Amore purchased off eBay. I picked up at and put away this project half a dozen times... the machine is finally done, but I am still missing one very critical component. I can't find a portafilter to save my life!

Old meets new...! :D
Very nice design and well done. :!:

There is a tread Help on Cappuccino Amore, that may give some more info on the machine and pf (I haven't read it).
Otherwise try http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Macch ... mo_eng.htm for info and parts.

Good luck completing your machine. :mrgreen:
Regards,

Guido

BaristaBoy E61

#2986: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

Breve wrote:
I modified a junker Cappuccino Amore purchased off eBay. I started and stopped this project half a dozen times... the machine is finally done, but I am still missing one very critical component. I can't find a portafilter to save my life!

That is quite the project! Hope you find a portafilter so we can read about your taste findings.

Great progress so far.

Best of luck.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

miab

#2987: Post by miab »

Amore portafilter

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Espresso-Machin ... ect=mobile

Here is one that I don't think the seller sold. Try to contact them. She mislabeled it la pavoni.

TheTodfather

#2988: Post by TheTodfather »

Hey all,

I haven't been through all 299 pages (only most of them; some lovely machines!) however thought I'd add some pics of my fantastic little Gaggia Spirio. The model is best known for its matching grinders silver screen appearance in 007's "Live and Let Die", where James Bond pours M the worst cup of coffee (from a Pavoni) to ever be handed to a guest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0XeO66xXAs

The pictures with its blue side covers are from when i first bought the machine. Needed a rebuild and unfortunately the front cover was irreparable - so I built a new one from copper (SS in the right grade wasn't available to me at the time). A friend also made up some Wenge side covers and I added a PID for temp control (arguably not necessary on a dipper..). I have it apart again at the moment for a service. I'll take some more pics to add soon.

IamOiman
Team HB

#2989: Post by IamOiman »

That might be the smallest body I've seen for a full Gaggia lever group!

I've been keeping my eye open casually for a Sirio grinder to match my Boxy Gaggia Tell but so far nothing that will ship to the US.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

TheTodfather

#2990: Post by TheTodfather »

I found a Red Sirio grinder here in the Netherlands, even won the auction (€70), but when the courier went to pick it up it had been "stolen" from the auction house.. very suspicious.