Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 291

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
IamOiman
Team HB

#2901: Post by IamOiman »

peacecup wrote:As someone who advises and examines a number of senior projects each year, I can suggest that you continue to give equal weight to academic and lever pursuits - the two are far from incompatible
I honestly hope where I apply to work that during the interview they ask me what interests I have. I may give a gift (bribe) to the interviewer and work if I am accepted. I think it would also break the ice in the office environemnt if I bring my Elektra or Pavoni to the office and share my experiences in the world of coffee and Italy. Prerhaps I may even bring one of my commercial levers to office events and bang out shots for the entire office!
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

sprint jinx

#2902: Post by sprint jinx »

I work in a major food org, and we have a Profitec 800 lever at our disposal, for use by anyone willing to learn how.
For those that use it, it brings us together at times to cross collaborate, compare notes, and just chat.
To add to that, the beans are provided for free, so is the milk. All we have to do is show up and pull shots.

It does create a terrific place to have different team members pause for reflection over good coffee.

and then there are those that opt? for the Keurig - sad!

Advertisement
Balthazar_B

#2903: Post by Balthazar_B »

sprint jinx wrote:I work in a major food org, and we have a Profitec 800 lever at our disposal, for use by anyone willing to learn how.
Now *that's* enlightened management!
- John

LMWDP # 577

pcdawson

#2904: Post by pcdawson »

Thought I'd post my Profitec Pro 800 which I recently powder coated with red sides. Always loved the look of Salvatore's lever machines with the colored side panels. I spend way too much time on this thread - especially love the posts by double o soul - some incredible lever machines in her collection!

- Pete

TomC
Team HB

#2905: Post by TomC »

pcdawson wrote:Thought I'd post my Profitec Pro 800 which I recently powder coated with red sides. Always loved the look of Salvatore's lever machines with the colored side panels. I spend way too much time on this thread - especially love the posts by double o soul - some incredible lever machines in her collection!

- Pete
That really looks good! Nice job!
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/

redbone

#2906: Post by redbone »

Matching set including Macap dynamometric tamper, F.Faemina and K30.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

BaristaBoy E61

#2907: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

redbone wrote:Matching set including Macap dynamometric tamper, F.Faemina and K30.

<image>
What's the story on the Mahlkonig K30 hopper? Doesn't look like 'standard issue'.
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

Advertisement
redbone

#2908: Post by redbone replying to BaristaBoy E61 »

Sporting a Mazzer short hopper with 3D printed adapter. Picked up a K30ES today.. The short Malkonig oem short hopper was multiple times more expensive $200cda vs $50cda hopper/adapter.

https://www.espressoplanet.com/_search. ... er&x=0&y=0
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

forbeskm

#2909: Post by forbeskm »

My Cremina's. black is a 1991, followed by 1987 Brown, 1984 Orange, 1983 Red. The movers dropped the orange but its still going, The chrome could be shined up a bit. The matte black grows on you, favorite is the orange, all have been daily's except the black. Time for a Fama Faemina I think next, change things up a bit.

IamOiman
Team HB

#2910: Post by IamOiman »

I too enjoy orange, probably followed by red, brown, and chrome. I personally have no interest in owning a cremina but I know you have quite a collection of these machines! A Faemina would be a cool purchase in the future, and I may be looking for one in a while as well!
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612