Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 289

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
[creative nickname]

Postby [creative nickname] » May 12, 2019, 8:49 pm

What a find! Thanks for the link Gary.
LMWDP #435

doubleOsoul

Postby doubleOsoul » May 15, 2019, 8:25 pm

[creative nickname] wrote:Just glorious Cher. Congrats on a truly outstanding addition to your collection!

Thanks Mark. I'm still in awe.
Ways to win my heart:buy me coffee, make coffee, be coffee LMWDP #354

doubleOsoul

Postby doubleOsoul » May 15, 2019, 8:26 pm

[creative nickname] wrote:What a find! Thanks for the link Gary.

Wow! Thanks for the heads up Gary. That is pretty sweet looking.

DJF

Postby DJF » May 16, 2019, 12:41 am

doubleOsoul wrote:Yes you saw correctly: I've gone down the Faema rabbit hole. I scored a NIB Faema Baby in yellow back in January, to go with the Baby Blue and those are Faeminas you saw in the pharmacy display case (one has the original knock box) and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Nice trifecta you got going there..

Two classic levers and a classic Eames chair, my favorite.

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

doubleOsoul

Postby doubleOsoul » May 16, 2019, 1:08 am

Thank you :D I was really trying to set the vibe right for the pic. Thankfully the Eames was a $50 'swivel chair' find that equaled out the money I had to hustle for the Velox. Incidentally, I don't ever recommend Fedex for importing. They are truly clueless about importing a lot of stuff including espresso machines. The back story to this is that because of their ineptitude, the FDA sat on the velox for days and wouldn't clear it until I forced some clarity, common sense and congressman (as in raised h**l). After all the effort I had to expend to get it out of customs, I received a $60 invoice yesterday from Fedex. I'll use any other shipper next time other than those guys.