Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 287

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Coffeechap

Postby Coffeechap » Mar 23, 2019, 3:01 pm

JohnP wrote:Hi there, which one do you prefer then ?

Hi john, that is very simple the LR! Why? Because you can just do anything with it, light or dark roasts, flat 6 bar shots something that very few levers are capable of, change the temperature using the pressure transducer.

I have had the original LR and although an excellent machine this is just the cream of the crop, I would highly recommend any first generation owners of an LR to do the upgrade.

I found the original L1 although a very good machine, just didn't cut the mustard with light roasts but still enjoy using both of them.
levers levers levers, is there any other way?

mathof

Postby mathof » Mar 23, 2019, 6:39 pm

Coffeechap wrote:Hi john, that is very simple the LR! Why? Because you can just do anything with it, light or dark roasts, flat 6 bar shots something that very few levers are capable of, change the temperature using the pressure transducer.

I have had the original LR and although an excellent machine this is just the cream of the crop, I would highly recommend any firstvgenniwners of an LR to do the upgrade.

I found the original L1 although a very good machine, just didn't cut the mustard with light roasts but still enjoy using both of them.

I have the original L1 and have no trouble extracting light filter roasts with it. They taste good to me and score high TDS and EY percentages. I use 7g filter baskets, a Kafatek MF with Mythos burrs and preinfuse with the lever at around 45 degrees until drips begin.

mathof

Postby mathof » Mar 23, 2019, 6:43 pm

mathof wrote:I have the original L1 and have no trouble extracting light filter roasts with it. They taste good to me and score high TDS and EY percentages. I use 7g Strada baskets or 15g VST ones, a Kafatek MF with Mythos burrs and preinfuse with the lever at around 45 degrees until drips begin.

Coffeechap

Postby Coffeechap » Mar 23, 2019, 6:48 pm

That's excellent I am glad that you are enjoy8ng your l1, I did not say it was not capable, just that the LR is much better, you should try one, perhaps come to the lever event!
levers levers levers, is there any other way?

mathof

Postby mathof » replying to Coffeechap » Mar 23, 2019, 7:40 pm

I'd like to, but I expect to be abroad that weekend. I did use an L1-P at the last lever event, and I was taken with the very low catch point of the lever. I don't know how important that extra spring pressure is on the final result but it must make a difference.

gyro

Postby gyro » Mar 26, 2019, 9:00 pm

Finally pretty much finished the restoration on my two group 1956 Internazionale, with plenty of help of course from the usual suspects. Pretty happy with it!

redbone

Postby redbone » Mar 26, 2019, 9:13 pm

gyro wrote:Finally pretty much finished the restoration on my two group 1956 Internazionale, with plenty of help of course from the usual suspects. Pretty happy with it!

Fantastic, that's some classic eye candy, well done.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

IamOiman

Postby IamOiman » Mar 26, 2019, 9:27 pm

I have a later Gaggia 2 Group that I will be restoring (a Tell). I would be ecstatic to have it look a tenth as good as what I am seeing here.
-Ryan
I'll throw my portafilter in the ring
LMWDP #612

drgary
Team HB

Postby drgary » Mar 26, 2019, 9:34 pm

gyro wrote:Finally pretty much finished the restoration on my two group 1956 Internazionale, with plenty of help of course from the usual suspects. Pretty happy with it!

Spectacular! Thank you for showing it to us.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Fifty4

Postby Fifty4 » Apr 21, 2019, 7:00 am

My new Elektra Micro Casa Leva
greetings from Germany
Fifty4