Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 272

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
doubleOsoul

#2711: Post by doubleOsoul »

DJF wrote:Congrats! Looks impressive and about the same size as an Elektra Semiautomatica?

I want one!
The only Elektra I haven't owned is the Semiautomatica but it could be close in size. I had no idea it would be a little bigger than my Verticale though.

pootoogoo

#2712: Post by pootoogoo »

Wow, that's the Gaggia designed by Giuseppe de Götzen (as pointed on K-N).
I agree with Gary, it's precisely a 40 years old industrial design beauty.

DJF

#2713: Post by DJF replying to pootoogoo »

I wasn't aware of that piece of history. Thanks for posting!
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

DJF

#2714: Post by DJF »

doubleOsoul wrote:The only Elektra I haven't owned is the Semiautomatica but it could be close in size. I had no idea it would be a little bigger than my Verticale though.
The Semi is basically a McCal with extra pipes and a tank on it's head, which would make it about the same height I guess.

DJF

#2715: Post by DJF »

drgary wrote:That's 1970's perfection, and then you sneak in a Lambro behind it??? 8)
Thanks! The Lambro is somewhat dwarfed by the ostentatious majesty of the Tell but is soon to take over from the A3 as our everyday machine.

kitt

#2716: Post by kitt »

This has been a project for the last year or so, finally got it to where i think it is finished . :D Makes great shots,its an Orchestrale Nota , fitted with a HX Faema Zodiac lever group and PID controlled group heaters for faster warm-up . ECM Toggle valves

Paolo

#2717: Post by Paolo »

I have made several coffees with Mike's Zodiachestrale and can attest to its shotmaking ability.
The Monsooned Malabar coffee that I made with 'Arnult' (don't you just love those sexy legs!) was as good or better than the best that I have had to date.

DJF

#2718: Post by DJF »

kitt wrote:This has been a project for the last year or so, finally got it to where i think it is finished . :D Makes great shots,its an Orchestrale Nota , fitted with a HX Faema Zodiac lever group and PID controlled group heaters for faster warm-up . ECM Toggle valves
Nice! Can we get a pic of the inside? I assume the end product is Lambro like.

kitt

#2719: Post by kitt »

Hi Don, How's that Lambro going?

The machine is tank only, i kept the rotary pump and it's an open HX like in the Lambro, but no plumbing option (but could be converted). The Nota was originally both rotary and vibe pump, i kept the vibe pump originally, but in the end swapped it back to rotary only for boiler auto-fill

DJF

#2720: Post by DJF »

Hey Mike, The Lambro has pushed the A3 out as king. We both love it.

Where does the Nota tank go? Down the side I assume.