Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 240

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Marcelnl

#2391: Post by Marcelnl »

Coffeecritter wrote:It's a vintage American Electric phone from the 1940s. Our house was built in 1940, so we replaced the old '60's wall phone with this one. Works fine - but you can't "press four for other options". :D
Congrats on the EMI! Looks great!

BTW: you may be able to use that phone with modern phone systems, We have a seventies phone in use and I found a circuit board using a PIC controller that fits inside most phones and which basically translates the dial 'clicks' into DTMF bleeps, allowimg you to use touchphone options 8)

http://www.picbasic.nl/frameload.htm?ht ... lefoon.htm
LMWDP #483

markmark1

#2392: Post by markmark1 »

My recently finished Elektra MCAL:

But she has a secret...

The first generation came with a ratcheted lever!

They must have made a few different tiers of machines too, as mine has a aluminum base and a much less fancy eagle on the top.

Advertisement
Gary S.

#2393: Post by Gary S. »

Loving my Kees Idrocompresso!

Coelacanth

#2394: Post by Coelacanth »

Stunning......

CoffeeBar

#2395: Post by CoffeeBar »

Awesome :evil:

Simon345

#2396: Post by Simon345 »

Gary S. wrote:Loving my Kees Idrocompresso!

<image>

That is a beautiful set-up.

1. Is that your main kitchen or if not which room is it?

2. Is there a coffee grinder obscured behind the Kees or do you feed it from a tin of Folgers ...:-)

Gary S.

#2397: Post by Gary S. »

Thanks for the comments.

I prefer Stella to Folger but... oh, you mean Folgers the coffee? I did want to use that but would have had to grind it finer...very messy. :twisted:

I didn't want to re-post photos into this thread but if you look at the "Espresso Machine" forum under the discussion "Post a pic of your home espresso setup" you'll see more photos. There you'll see that I have a Titus grinder. To the right of the grinder is a knock box built in to the countertop. At the end of the counter on the right there are refrigerator/freezer drawers.

We have a large open kitchen and the espresso bar is a separate area within that overall space. Happy to post pictures of the rest of the kitchen if there is interest.

Advertisement
Bak Ta Lo
Supporter ♡

#2398: Post by Bak Ta Lo replying to Gary S. »

I have always said I want a coffee shop, just not the hassle of dealing with customers, you have gone and done it first. A built in to the counter knock box is an awesome idea. Love it, dream coffee corner.
LMWDP #371

Simon345

#2399: Post by Simon345 »

Gary S. wrote:Thanks for the comments.

I prefer Stella to Folger but... oh, you mean Folgers the coffee? I did want to use that but would have had to grind it finer...very messy. :twisted:

I didn't want to re-post photos into this thread but if you look at the "Espresso Machine" forum under the discussion "Post a pic of your home espresso setup" you'll see more photos. There you'll see that I have a Titus grinder. To the right of the grinder is a knock box built in to the countertop. At the end of the counter on the right there are refrigerator/freezer drawers.

We have a large open kitchen and the espresso bar is a separate area within that overall space. Happy to post pictures of the rest of the kitchen if there is interest.
Probably my favourite kitchen set up so far. Share some other pics!

Gary S.

#2400: Post by Gary S. replying to Simon345 »

Thanks for the nice comments...here are some more pictures showing how the coffee bar is situated in the kitchen. FYI, we originally bought the house because we loved the fact that it incorporated a circa 1790 barn (thus the exposed beams, columns and barn-board ceiling) into a home with a modern design. We just completed a large addition/renovation, including gutting the kitchen and enlarging it, but keeping all of the barn elements, and tried to blend in the newer modern elements as seamlessly as possible.