Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
ulrikmo

Postby ulrikmo » Feb 15, 2007, 6:08 am

Hi Peacecup

That Regina you've posted is surely nice, would like to get hands on one of these.. Just the right size, where the arguments about countertop space doesn't become an issue with the wife :D I like the yellow color too!

It is though impossible for me to find more info on the net, searching Regina, is it produced under a different name as well?

Best regards

Ulrikmo

mogogear

Postby mogogear » Feb 15, 2007, 8:42 pm

ulrikmo wrote:Hi Peacecup

That Regina you've posted is surely nice, would like to get hands on one of these.. Just the right size, where the arguments about countertop space doesn't become an issue with the wife :D I like the yellow color too!

It is though impossible for me to find more info on the net, searching Regina, is it produced under a different name as well?

Best regards

Ulrikmo

I believe the tan colored gaggia on flea-bay is pretty close--$995! which is stepping up to the plate- they look close in series to the Gaggia Compacta Palanca owned by Bill in Dallas
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

bill

Postby bill » Feb 15, 2007, 9:38 pm

If anyone is interested in the Gaggia Greg mentioned I believe the Ebay seller is the same one Dr Jim bought his Conti Prestina from. As I recall he was favorably impressed with the seller.
Bill
LMWDP #43

I wasn't born in Texas, but got here as fast as I could!

ulrikmo

Postby ulrikmo » replying to bill » Feb 16, 2007, 9:02 am

Nice machine! You're right, resembles somewhat the Palanca, myabe this one was also produced in spanish Gaggia, as I believe the Palanca was?
However shipping weight of 100lbs and 110V doesn't really sound appealing when one's situated on Iceland (though normally living in Denmark, both places though with 220v) So I'm mostly searching the european market for nice levers (having the luck of being somewhat nearer towards Italy than some of you guys :D )

Best regards
Ulrik

peacecup

Postby peacecup » Feb 16, 2007, 2:37 pm

I saw that Regina on ebay.fr a while back - never seen another. I think they had trouble selling it and it had to be relisted at least once. I'm not sure if they ever sold it. Try searching with regina+ some french terms for coffee.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

bishopthirteen

Postby bishopthirteen » Feb 25, 2007, 4:51 pm

I was not going to post a picture of my lever machine here as I've posted multiple pictures of the rebuild. However, I just spent nearly a month at my shop far away from my CMA lever box and have been existing on drip coffee and Peet's espresso.

Never again! after plugging in the Astoria and pulling a shot for the sink, liquid heaven. I don't think I'll ever be able to go that long again! So here is Mr. Square Pants, Not the most pretty machine but what a performer!

Viva la LMWDP!

Bishopthirteen
LMWDP #009

ladalet

Postby ladalet » Mar 29, 2007, 2:43 am

I recently visited Cafe Doma's Roasting facility to purchase some green beans. While I was there I took these pictures of the most beautiful lever machine I have seen to date. I have also sampled some of the nectar it squeezed out of the meticulously roasted Cafe Doma Vito's Blend--"HEAVEN." This machine, or should I say work of art, is hand crafted in the Netherlands by Mirage and is called the Classic Idrocompresso. Take my word for it: pictures do violence to its beauty, or at least my photographic ability (or lack there of) does.

This is the foot switch that activates the steam wand hands free.
Lance Goffinet
LMWDP #019

mogogear

Postby mogogear » Mar 29, 2007, 3:15 pm

SWEET INDEED!
greg moore

Leverwright
LMWDP #067

Knock

Postby Knock » Mar 29, 2007, 3:45 pm

easy does it Greg - you're beginning to salivate :wink:

All right i'll say it and risk banishing to the HX circle: am I the only person who thinks the mirage look like a nasty piece of 80's rieperbahn night trash? I can see the workmanship but they sure is spikey ugly!

aim low kids
Sneaky :twisted: .
Peter Kilpatrick

ladalet

Postby ladalet » Mar 29, 2007, 7:00 pm

Ha, even if you get banished to the HX section I would have to assault you with THIS!

Lance Goffinet
LMWDP #019