Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 165

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary
Team HB

#1641: Post by drgary »

Jason:

You should be able to get vintage portafilters from that period easily enough. I doubt they redesigned the portafilters and groups for a run of 20 machines. The way they're configured on that machine is the unusual part. I'm going to shoot an email to Christopher Cara and see if this was a special order requested by his father.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

peacecup

#1642: Post by peacecup »

Those look like the same 45 mm groups as on the Sama/Ponte Vecchio machines. They make great espresso and should be easy to get parts for.

PC
LMWDP #049
Hand-ground, hand-pulled: "hands down.."

figolaos

#1643: Post by figolaos »

Hi,

i'm trying to find parts for my La san marco .....(looks like 75 lever),only that it has also extra filter coffee tank and i try to find out the exact model!!!
Can somebody help me?

Thanks

drgary
Team HB

#1644: Post by drgary »

Yiannis:

This thread is for showing photos of our lever machines in a gallery format. You may want to post your request as a separate thread in the Levers forum. Otherwise it's likely to be overlooked. To help us identify your machine please show us photos.
Gary
LMWDP#308

drgary
Team HB

#1645: Post by drgary »

drgary wrote:I'm going to shoot an email to Christopher Cara and see if this was a special order requested by his father.
As I thought, these two group Rivieras show the innovation of Thomas Cara. According to Christopher these 20 machines were made for their San Francisco shop.
Gary
LMWDP#308

gor

#1646: Post by gor »

Saw this machine today. I thought it was an interesting piece in that it had both a lever group and normal pump driven group

vberch

#1647: Post by vberch »

Wow! And even the lever group looks like an adaptation of an E-61 group. There is no column of water pressing on a puck during preinfusion. Where is a piston on this lever? Is it horizontal?

bm_cricket

#1648: Post by bm_cricket »

I'm deep into restoring my 1992 2-Group Astoria Lever machine. I'm documenting the rebuild too: Rebuilding an old 2 group Astoria Lever (+ propane)

Anyway, here is my pretty little (not so little) machine taking up a little (absolutely huge) portion of my kitchen:

I even added a little mood lighting.
Life is short, enjoy every sip.

doubleOsoul

#1649: Post by doubleOsoul »

I hear Teddy Pendergrass in the background.... "Turn down the lights, light a candle..." LOL. Nice mood lighting.

Possepat

#1650: Post by Possepat »

Teddy Bear! I hear the same but I'm hearing David Alan Grier's impression of Teddy.
"Do what you want, you're gonna do it anyways!" - My father

LMWDP #365