Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 159

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
doubleOsoul

#1581: Post by doubleOsoul »

Congrats Yakster! It was looking all purdy off OE and of course it looks to have been restored to a stellar state.
Do we have a Faema thread yet?

doubleOsoul

#1582: Post by doubleOsoul »

Looks like an old 30s gas pump. Great looking. Feel free to do a short video on your next shot.

Advertisement
drgary
Team HB

#1583: Post by drgary »

Another Cremina. But it's my Cremina! 8)

This started as a working 1987 project machine at a great price. I got to put it together without major challenges. It was missing some parts and had substitutes for others. The group worked but needed rechroming. The case was freshly painted black and packed in bubble wrap while it was still tacky, so there were bubble patterns on it. It came with a La Pavoni piston and no piston rod and was missing the drip tray and grate, and so on. The serial badge went missing while the seller was piecing it together along with other project machines, sourcing parts and then raising the price when more were found. It was a moving target but we finally reached a deal on this machine. So I sourced several parts (thank you Doug and Barb) and sent it out for case straightening, chroming, polishing, powder coating. Not all that work was perfect but it's quite good enough.

I've done a few tweaks including a Teflon heat break gasket between the group and boiler for more temperature stability. I've also added a nice group thermometer to refine shot control and finally have it dialed in.

It came with a badly scratched badge.

I sanded the raised part and stripped it for repainting and liked the way it looked just like that.

For now I plan to enjoy it for temperature surfing between different coffees while using my Conti Prestina dialed in to one coffee at a time. So far the Prestina has the edge for flavor definition, but the Cremina isn't bad at all. I felt my small lever collection was incomplete without it. :D
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

doubleOsoul

#1584: Post by doubleOsoul »

It looks fantastic and then some Gary. I particularly like the new badge look. OCD pays off... yet again!

beer&mathematics

#1585: Post by beer&mathematics »

Nice machine Dr. Gary! How many machines are in the collection now??
LMWDP #431

drgary
Team HB

#1586: Post by drgary »

They're listed in my profile. I don't aim to own every significant lever machine. My garage would have to turn into a museum. But it's nice to get to know some of the best of them.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Rikinwa

#1587: Post by Rikinwa »

Many of you have seen the posts in other threads about the "MCAL in drag".

I have contacted someone in Italy who had photos of the same machine he had made during a visit to a museum. He said he would try to get more information about this MCAL.

Well, I have it now and have done some clean up. Thought I would post a few pics here.

Rick

Advertisement
Beenbag

#1588: Post by Beenbag »

This little beauty has appeared on aussie Ebay.
Gaggia Internazionale Milano 1 Group ..with genuine gold trim!
Asking price ..$43,750 Au !
Worth it ??

UltramaticOrange

#1589: Post by UltramaticOrange »

That has to be the only espresso machine that you can sit behind and pretend you're flying an airplane.
If your tiny coffee is so great, then why don't you drink more of it?

jamoke

#1590: Post by jamoke »

Beenbag wrote:This little beauty has appeared on aussie Ebay.
Gaggia Internazionale Milano 1 Group ..with genuine gold trim!
Asking price ..$43,750 Au !
Worth it ??
hmmmm...
Well, it's drop-dead gorgeous, rare, worthy of a top tier museum collection and can probably make damned good espresso. And, oh yeah, that gold trim.
On the other hand, if the choice is between an espresso machine and a place to live, I guess I'll keep my house and my little SAMA.
Ed Bugel
LMWDP 122
Huky #297