Lever Espresso Machine Gallery - Page 15

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
missionhb

#141: Post by missionhb »

Hi!
Glad you enjoy it!
I fully restored this machine, and it works fine (much like a mk1 Gaggia Gilda, I believe). As you see the lever is bent and short, and thus it takes some practice to create a brewing pressure high enough to produce decent crema.
Cheers,
F
LMWDP CLXXIV

Papaquebec

#142: Post by Papaquebec »

Hi,

Here is my '83 Cremina with her new ebony knobs and handles custom made by the genius Richard Penney. A matching ebony handled tamp and one of his famous nude PF's are on the way soon!

Patrick

LMWDP #191

IMAWriter

#143: Post by IMAWriter »

My Cremina arrived today...safe and sound...just a small dent on the outside box, courtesy of our friends in the brown truck.
She is as advertised...at least from the outside....not a scratch...even the baskets look as new...the PF looks unused, though (as the seller pointed out) there is a small amount of chrome scratched off the side of the PG...tiny. This machine...How beautifully elegant in its simplicity.

Edited to remove unnecessary verbiage!

rawman

#144: Post by rawman »

Very nice. You really lucked out. The 2 machines that sold after yours went for hundreds more each. Have fun with it.
LMWDP #189

IMAWriter

#145: Post by IMAWriter replying to rawman »

Thanks....truthfully, I had no idea I had a chance...
So far...no leaks, not a drip.
I'll post a picture of a shot...when I get one that's worthy....but don't hold your breath :lol:

zin1953

#146: Post by zin1953 »

. . . I don't know anything about it!

A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

jomarbr

#147: Post by jomarbr »

A shot in my Elektra:

More pics here:
http://www.qvinho.com.br/cafes-especiai ... -espresso/

zin1953

#148: Post by zin1953 »

Bom dia, Jomar. Boa vinda a "Home Barista" -- fotografia muito encantadora.

Cheers,
Jason
A morning without coffee is sleep. -- Anon.

jomarbr

#149: Post by jomarbr replying to zin1953 »

Obrigado Jason! Bom saber que o português não é uma língua estranha nesse forum. Quando tiver um tempo visite o meu blog.

Abraço!

Jomar

IMAWriter

#150: Post by IMAWriter »

Papaquebec wrote:Hi,

Here is my '83 Cremina with her new ebony knobs and handles custom made by the genius Richard Penney. A matching ebony handled tamp and one of his famous nude PF's are on the way soon!

Patrick
<image>
<image>
If Richard's work isn't beautiful enough, he's as nice a person as you'd ever want to speak with. Makes you cherish his work even more. I will be getting a PF too...if he'll hold one for me till we pay for the new water pressure pump we have to install.