Lapera DS second edition update - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
atonik

#31: Post by atonik »

Are there any videos of the workflow / machine in use. Somehow i'm failing to find a single one ;(

Idfixe

#32: Post by Idfixe »

These machines are at the junction of functional machine and piece of art... both looking at it or inside it. The top of the boiler shot: an amazingly simple design that proves to be super reliable and producing great results.

Eiern

#33: Post by Eiern »

I'd 100% get one if I had the money (25% taxes on top of the price including shipping costs here in Norway :cry:)

The combination of quality, simplicity, size and looks makes it the ideal machine for me. I'd have a hard time chosing color, it looks great with all color options I've seen in photos.

mathof

#34: Post by mathof »

There's no mention of basket/pf diameter on the website. Does the Lapera take 58mm ones?

Thanks.

baldheadracing (original poster)
Team HB

#35: Post by baldheadracing (original poster) »

mathof wrote:There's no mention of basket/pf diameter on the website. Does the Lapera take 58mm ones?
Yes, 58mm. I haven't encountered any clearance issues with the baskets that I've tried - VST, LF, IMS Precision, and EspressoParts HQ ridgeless.

For the potential benefit for a handful of people :lol:, the first edition used "thick-lug" (7.2mm norminal) E-61 style portafilters. I tried a generic E-61 from one manufacturer and it didn't lock in. (E-61 pf's come in 5.7mm to 7.2mm nominal lug thicknesses.)
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada