Lapera DS lever first look. - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by TenLayers »

I like that manual boiler drain valve idea. Like they say, why isn't this on every machine?

bcrdukes
Supporter ♡

#12: Post by bcrdukes »

Nice machine!

Will this ever trump the Olympia Cremina though? :?:
LMWDP #685

Flair Espresso: handcrafted espresso. cafe-quality shots, anytime, anywhere
Sponsored by Flair Espresso
drH (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#13: Post by drH (original poster) » replying to bcrdukes »

Ha. Well they will be very different. I think the Cremina will still have its niche as the perfect compact manual fill, manual lever dipper.
But lapera seems to share the quest for top build quality while being spring driven, HX, temperature stable and plumb-only. Maybe you can find room for both?

bcrdukes
Supporter ♡

#14: Post by bcrdukes »

drH wrote:Maybe you can find room for both?
I was afraid someone would suggest this! :mrgreen:
LMWDP #685

LuckyMark

#15: Post by LuckyMark »

jwCrema wrote:The Niche Zero of levers is forthcoming?
You might just be underselling Thomas's achievements a bit! :wink: Martin at Niche is a master of industrial design, John at Decent posted how proud he was that unskilled labour could put a Niche together in 20 minutes. In five years Lapera has hand built 10 units!

It looks a magnificent machine with a perfect mix of retro looks and modern production methods.

redbone
Supporter ♡

#16: Post by redbone »

I can confirm that Thomas used premium commercial wiring. Company I work for which distributes CSA and UL approval wiring to manufacturers also supplied Lapera with industry grade and approved high temperature wiring.
Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

jwCrema
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by jwCrema »

LuckyMark wrote:You might just be underselling Thomas's achievements a bit!
Lots of dimensions to this - I was thinking about a cult following and difficulty in acquiring one.

The website was rather doggy when I last tried looking at it and gave up. As a result I didn't see that it will be "plumbed in only." That would be a deal breaker for me personally.

Weber Workshops: tools for building better coffee
Sponsored by Weber Workshops
redbone
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by redbone »

Just playing around using Color Cop and Lapera original color swatches. These are my own renderings and not officially from Lapera.

Between order and chaos there is espresso.
Semper discens.

Rob
LMWDP #549

davidhunternyc

#19: Post by davidhunternyc »

Absolutely gorgeous. I've been on the hunt for a "proper" espresso machine for awhile now. The journey is the reward. I've narrowed it down to two machines, the Olympia Cremina ML or the Decent. Just over the horizon will be the Londinium Compact too. I just discovered this Lapera DS. I have a Kafatek MC4 all dressed up in black and a Lapera DS in black would be the perfect accompaniment. Thank you for posting all the different color possibilities. The dimensions of the Lapera are nice and compact too. As others have said, plumbed-in only will be a deal breaker for me too. I'm already thinking, can the bottom base be color coated to match the sides? Hello Pantechnicon! I can't wait to hear more news on the Lapera DS. Keep in coming.

Psy

#20: Post by Psy »

IamOiman wrote:If it's orange and a lever I probably want it :D
I'll second this :]

Looks really nice, and I would like a modern machine at some point. I'll be curious to see if there are non-plumbed in options that become available as well.