La Pavoni Professional overheating

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Philippe Telmosse

#1: Post by Philippe Telmosse »

Hi,
My pavoni professional will overheat from time to time. When I turn it on and let it heat up, between 10 and 20 minutes, sometimes it won't stop between the desired pressure 0.5 to a little over 1.0. It will sometimes shoot up between 1.5 and 2. It's also happened a couple of times where it went over 2. Steam starts coming out of the safety valve. Again, it happens here and there. I use it 2 to 3 times a day.

Anyone would know why?

Thank you.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#2: Post by baldheadracing »

My guess:
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Kaffee Bitte

#3: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

Almost certainly a descale will straighten that pro right out. Maybe a pstat clean if the descale doesn't. When I see my girls doing that I know it's time to descale.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

mrgnomer

#4: Post by mrgnomer »

Could be the heating element is shorting. If you have a multimeter you can check the heating element continuity.
Kirk
LMWDP #116
professionals do it for the pay, amateurs do it for the love

Philippe Telmosse (original poster)

#5: Post by Philippe Telmosse (original poster) »

Thank you all for the replys. I descale on a regular basis. We'll into all these options.

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#6: Post by Nunas »

My Zacconi Riviera (Eagle) has a similar pstat arrangement to the one in your machine. Just descaling the conventional way isn't the answer. Sooner or later, the copper pipe from the bottom of the boiler to the pstat will fill with crud. Remove it, blow/ream it out, and be sure that there's no crud left in the bottom of the boiler covering the hole for that tube.

guijan12

#7: Post by guijan12 »

Nunas is right.
Most probably the tube to the P-statbis blocked.
Regards,

Guido