La Pavoni new vs old pressurestat

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Belbo

#1: Post by Belbo »

Hi,

I'm looking at replacing the pressure stat on my Millenium Europiccola. It's the older pressure stat (like the one Stefano's is selling):
https://www.espressocare.com/products/i ... -la-pavoni

I know that newer machines use a newer type of pressure stat: is it compartible and is there an advantage on using the new version?
https://www.espressoparts.com/products/ ... ver-models

thanks!

drgary
Team HB

#2: Post by drgary »

You could ask both vendors this question. Stefano is very responsive and has a variety of parts.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

Belbo (original poster)

#3: Post by Belbo (original poster) replying to drgary »

I prefer user opinions, that's why I'm asking here.

drgary
Team HB

#4: Post by drgary »

I see that you're in Europe, so that ordering from Stefano isn't a useful option. Otherwise, I recommend consulting with him because he is very knowledgeable. I do so myself. There are user opinions and we also have trusted vendors.
Gary
LMWDP#308

Kaffee Bitte

#5: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

The first one you put up is the one to get as it is adjustable and it will definitely fit your europiccola. Since you are in Europe it's probably better to find the same pstat from a European site
The second will fit but is NOT adjustable and is often set a bit higher than the .7 to .9 that's standard for Pavoni's. My newer machine has the second and it varies far more than my Stradivari's older style pstat. I have had it run itself all the way to 1.5 bars. Usually it sets about 1.1 bar which is not great for group temps.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

Belbo (original poster)

#6: Post by Belbo (original poster) replying to Kaffee Bitte »

You might need to descale your pressure stat: disconnect it from the brass boiler pipe and try the following maybe: La Pavoni Europiccola bitter espresso: this might be the reason

ojt

#7: Post by ojt »

I don't know the answer but I do know you could order from La Macchina del Caffè ( https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com/ter ... avoni.html), Kimeo will answer you just like Stefano, and I really don't know why you'd prefer "user opinions". These guys are professionals selling the parts, know the machines inside out and are part of the user groups (HB and the Pavoni FB group) as well. Two very reliable sources.
Osku

Kaffee Bitte

#8: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

Belbo wrote:You might need to descale your pressure stat: disconnect it from the brass boiler pipe and try the following maybe
The pstat came from the factory at that setting and almost always climes right there. When it goes to 1.5 a quick steam purge usually sets it back right. I am thinking of just replacing it with the adjustable version. It's not an unreasonable price to pay to set it where I want it.
The plus side at the moment though is the extra steam power, so been a bit slow buying the pstat.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

drgary
Team HB

#9: Post by drgary »

I think you can make the unadjustable ones adjustable by breaking the seal of the paint they use to hold them in place. It's been awhile since I've done that, so please check this.
Gary
LMWDP#308

Belbo (original poster)

#10: Post by Belbo (original poster) »

Kaffee Bitte wrote:The pstat came from the factory at that setting and almost always climes right there. When it goes to 1.5 a quick steam purge usually sets it back right. I am thinking of just replacing it with the adjustable version. It's not an unreasonable price to pay to set it where I want it.
The plus side at the moment though is the extra steam power, so been a bit slow buying the pstat.
True but 1.5 bar is really unsuitable temperature for brewing, you need to be much lower.