La Pavoni Europiccola damaged during shipping - still safe to use? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Fullsack

#11: Post by Fullsack »

billm3 wrote:BTW - Doug/"Fullsack", is that a Pelican case with the La Pav in it for your avatar?

GREAT IDEA :!:

I hope you don't mind a copycat... something about the greatest form of flattery... :wink:

-Bill
Thanks Bill, This kit has accompanied me to many parts of the world and I'm happy to share the how-to.

Travel Kit Instructions
LMWDP #017
Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. T. Williams

KnowGood (original poster)

#12: Post by KnowGood (original poster) »

Well, here is the first shot I pulled:

Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251

Advertisement
caeffe

#13: Post by caeffe »

Congrats!

BTW, I had a similar problem with an Elektra uCasa a Leva....

I stuck it in my BBQ grill, filled her up, powered it up and crossed my fingers. I wanted to actually "proof pressure" it by pressurizing it to ~ 30 psig but never got around to it. After numerous weekends of using it outdoors, I went ahead and brought it into the kitchen and now use it on an occasional basis.
LMWDP #162

Bluegrod

#14: Post by Bluegrod »

I am not an expert on the La Pavonis but if I were you and you had at least a small amount of concern that it was unsafe, go and spend the 30 bucks and let a welding shop run a new braze ring around it. Cheap insurance against leakage and even though it may not look pretty it won't leak.

stefano65
Sponsor

#15: Post by stefano65 »

Like I mention above give it a try
you can always turn it off as the steam build up or open the steam knob to let pressure out
it could be ONLY the chroming chipping off
Stefano Cremonesi
Stefano's Espresso Care
Repairs & sales from Oregon.

KnowGood (original poster)

#16: Post by KnowGood (original poster) »

Bluegrod wrote:...if I were you and you had at least a small amount of concern that it was unsafe, go and spend the 30 bucks and let a welding shop run a new braze ring around it.
Not concerned anymore. I've used it enough now that I know it's safe.

stefano65 wrote:Like I mention above give it a try
you can always turn it off as the steam build up or open the steam knob to let pressure out
it could be ONLY the chroming chipping off
Looks like it is only going to be the chrome chipping off, but it isn't yet. Thanks for the tips, as well as the portafilter - ordered it about two weeks ago from you, as you had the best price on the internet. :)
Lyndon
_________
LMWDP #251