La Pavoni Europiccola - Bottomless portafilter supported tamping station recommendations

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
ExactEspresso
Supporter ♡

#1: Post by ExactEspresso »

could anybody recommend a good tamping station that holds the portafilter, preferably metal. Thanks!

Kaffee Bitte

#2: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

I have been looking for this too. So far the closest I have found have been made for 54mm portafilters. I am sure there are people making ones for LPs but haven't found them yet. Probably best bet is going to be Etsy. I have been thinking of having a custom one made.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110

baldheadracing
Team HB

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

For metal, tidaka.net makes a tampercube that has a wide variety of adapters available: https://www.tidaka.net/Tamper/Tampersta ... --158.html
Tidaka has great stuff and using Google Translate for the website works nicely. High quality and I've ordered from tidaka for years.

For wood, Rösthaus makes one ... versions for 49mm Elektra, 49mm Pavoni, and 51mm Pavoni, as well as custom dimensions (for non-stock portafilters). I have no experience with the company: https://www.rosthaus.com/store/c32/Espresso-Ware

Lyn-Weber used to make a 49mm portafilter stand for Cremina's. You might be able to find it on ebay.

Note none of these designs will work with Richard Penny bottomless portafilters or clones of the Penny design (base wider than lugs).

As an aside, in 49mm, I do the old school method of preparing and cleaning the basket(s) outside of the portafilter (with a tidaka funnel) - no portafilter springs. Not sure why I do that, as I use stands for 58mm ...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

Kaffee Bitte

#4: Post by Kaffee Bitte »

That tidaka cube is sweet. My German reading is considerably better than my spoken so no translator needed. Have to remember to search some German sites for LP stuff.
Lynn G.
LMWDP # 110