La Graziella gaskets, ss snap rings, and other parts..Help.

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
salnyc

Postby salnyc » Apr 14, 2019, 8:31 pm

Greetings to everyone and many thanks for the generous contributions to this board---a wealth of information.

I want to know where to buy parts for my La Graziella espresso lever machine. Orphan Espresso and other sources posted on other threads on this Forum don't reply to emails and are not selling parts for the La Graziella at the moment so I would like to know where I can purchase:

1. All the gaskets/ complete rebuild kit with stainless steel snap rings. And dimensions of the internal snap ring to purchase at McMaster and Carr if not available with kit. And sources to purchase parts and consumables for this machine.

2. Specific instructions and photos for installing the seals/ rings for the pistons since it is important to install each piston seal (or ring) facing in the correct up and down direction. The older posts dealing with this topic don't clearly show how to do it and don't show the piston rings facing the correct direction.

3. Where to buy or how to make a drip screen or how to adapt one from a different machine.

4. Specifically what seals and parts are intetchangeable from other machines models.

Thank you in advance for your generosity.
SAL

forbeskm

Postby forbeskm » Apr 14, 2019, 9:04 pm

negrocorto

Postby negrocorto » Apr 14, 2019, 10:00 pm

You should look at this guy's rebuild thread:

http://coffeegeek.com/forums/espresso/l ... sso/441467

He was in the Philippines at the time, so may not be much help in locating parts.

Alslaw

Postby Alslaw » Apr 14, 2019, 11:40 pm

Post some pictures of your machine ... is it the graziella or the Piccola? I actually have one coming in the mail and when it gets here (probably in a week or so), I will be able to compare with a pre-Millenium La Pavoni that is currently disassembled on my workbench. With that I can tell you which Pavoni group parts will fit in the MARCFI machine (I suspect most, of not all of them). Since you have recognized a shortage of MARCFI rebuild threads, it would be great if you created one to document your rebuild.
LMWDP # 606

salnyc

Postby salnyc » Apr 16, 2019, 12:41 am

Can't figure out how to upload a picture of the machine. Will post a photo when I learn how. But it is a La Graziella machine for sure.
I have a problem finding the tool to remove the brass sleeve. I can try to make one but it is a lot of work and probably too expensive to have a machine shop make one. I would rather just buy one.

The machine is solid, I really like it. Right now it is leaking from the group head but it stops leaking after it builds up pressure. I need a drip tray. Would like to know how can I get one or adapt one from another similar machine. I don't know if I should only replace the group seals and rings and leave everything else alone until there is a problem.

Does anyone know if OE is still around?

salnyc

Postby salnyc » Apr 16, 2019, 12:46 am

Forbeskm, thanks for the Francesco link. I plan to order the parts from him and hopefully they are the ones I need.

salnyc

Postby salnyc » Apr 16, 2019, 1:16 am

negrocorto: thanks for the great link! I got some good tips from that rebuilt. But I plan to use citric acid instead of vinegar for the descaling.

florenz

Postby florenz » Apr 16, 2019, 5:25 am

There are some threads concerning the La Graziella / La Cara on HB which may answer your questions.
I got my replacement parts from Francesco (complete set of seals etc.) and would recommend his friendly service.
For the driptray you may look here: La Cara Rebuild, Custom Element, Custom Drip Tray
HB-member forbeskm had some driptrays made new. He once sent my a CAD-file, but I lost it...
The piston seals (v-shape) should be installed with the closed side to the center: >|< as on every La Pavoni. (Thanks dr. gary for correcting me here)
Greetings from the black forest
Frank
LMWDP#573

drgary
Team HB

Postby drgary » Apr 16, 2019, 11:07 am

salnyc wrote:Can't figure out how to upload a picture of the machine. Will post a photo when I learn how. But it is a La Graziella machine for sure.
I have a problem finding the tool to remove the brass sleeve. I can try to make one but it is a lot of work and probably too expensive to have a machine shop make one. I would rather just buy one.

The machine is solid, I really like it. Right now it is leaking from the group head but it stops leaking after it builds up pressure. I need a drip tray. Would like to know how can I get one or adapt one from another similar machine. I don't know if I should only replace the group seals and rings and leave everything else alone until there is a problem.

Does anyone know if OE is still around?

Hello Sal, and welcome to H-B!

There's an area for new members that tells you things like how to upload photos. That area is here:

/read-me/

The instructions for uploading images are here:

Posting images on HB

Orphan Espresso is now mostly in the business of manufacturing hand grinders. If you don't find parts for your machine on their site available for sale, they are not offered.

This is wrong:

florenz wrote:The piston seals (v-shape) should be installed with the openings to the center: <|> as on every La Pavoni.

The lower piston seal flares out on the down pull to create a tight seal and push water through the coffee. The upper piston seal flares out when raising the lever.

Francesco Ceccarelli's site offers seals and instructions for the La Graziella/Marcfi.

http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Faidate/marcf/graziella_eng.htm
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

grog

Postby grog » Apr 16, 2019, 11:55 am

A quick search of OE's site indicates they no longer have stock on the brass sleeve removal tool. You can get the sleeve out using an appropriately sized punch, a hammer, and patience. Mostly you have to exercise caution to not go totally goon on the sleeve and damage the holes. If you search HB for 'brass sleeve removal' you will probably find multiple threads as to how others have accomplished removal.
LMWDP #514